Major Upgrade to The Classic Speaker Pages Forums

administrator

Hello All,

I am upgrading the forum software from IP.Board to IPS Community Suite as soon as possible. I am sure it will take some time for everyone to adjust to the new system, but there will be many improvements and all the existing content should be preserved. I will also resolve the new account activation issue before going back into absentee landlord status.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark, this is a terrific service you provide!

Question/comment: I don't see any way to jump from the forum Home page to the Library. Am I missing something? Can you add a tab up top where it shows Forums, Calendar, Staff, Online Users?

Also noticed the posts are no longer numbered. Sometimes it's convenient to say "look at Post #127". Can this be added?

I actually preferred the old looks of discussion forum. Change in AK was similar... looks a bit bland compared to old looks. diyAudio seems be using these old more balanced looks.

Thank you anyway for your work for this site... looks are personal opinions anyway.

Kimmo

I very much valued the "since my last visit" on the old list. Had to do some digging, but was able to resurrect it after digging down thru the activity button. You have to select that 'since my last visit' from a window of 'activity' options.

I always found it convenient to check for new posts quickly.

As with anything new it will take a little time to adjust. I do find navigating to be better now that I've had a chance to experiment.

However, I do agree the VIEW (light grey on white) is difficult to read; especially for me as I am legally blind in one eye and the retina in the other is slowly going bad. Having distinct lines of demarcation (contrast) makes it easier on the eyes.

I'm not too fond of the round avatar.

On my CCL business home page, I have a link to the AR3a restoration document. Just for the hell of it, today I clicked on it and much to my surprise that page opened up. Thus, it seems to me this is proof the library still exists and all that's needed is a link to it on the updated CSP home page. So for now, here's the link I used. http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/library/acoustic_research/original_models_1954-1974/original_models_schematicss/restoring_the_ar-3a/

Once there, if you click on the 'discussion' button, the new CSP home page comes up.

• 2 months later...

Archived