Potentiometers for AR

JKent

Available to CSP (and AK) members for $30 a PAIR. And the included knobs are genuine DakaWare just like the originals (if you don’t need knobs I’ll knock off $2/pr)

Send me a PM

Kent

edit: Now includes ring terminals and lock washers. See 4th post, below.

2nd edit: Now includes large stainless steel lock washer as well. New picture attached to this post.

3rd edit: The next batch (Dec 2022) will have blue crimp connectors to accommodate thicker wires  

Pots w red crimps 1 resized.jpg

Edited by JKent

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve put these on that auction site but CSP members can still get them at this price by PMing me here (I’m geekyshrink not that guy from Brooklyn).

Postage usually runs about $10 to $16.

Kent

Edited by JKent

More in stock. Now including #4 ring crimp terminals and lock washers. Still the same price for CSP and AK members. $30/pair + postage. Send me a PM

Kent

• 2 weeks later...

JKent,

one question: please diameter in mm., original Aetna = 32.5 mm. 

Holes in masonite between potentiometer measure 43 mm., it is possible install a pair potentiometers with a  diameter max of 42 mm. in AR3a /2a etc.

Giorgio 

• 4 weeks later...

Temporarily sold out but should have more available by June 1

Edited by JKent

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/31/2021 at 7:58 AM, JKent said:

More in stock. Now including #4 ring crimp terminals and lock washers. Still the same price for CSP and AK members. $30/pair + postage. Send me a PM

Kent

pot knob rings washers_ RESIZED.jpg

Pots with rings on resized.jpg

THEY'RE BACK!

These were sold out for a couple of weeks but I just got a new shipment. PM me for CSP/AK price of $30/PAIR

Kent

• 1 month later...

Hi Kent it’s Paul, display name is (Sporch) from  Australia. As you advised, Ive just joined classic speaker pages regarding the level control units that you are selling. 
At this time I would like to purchase 4 pots now for my AR5 and possibly a further 2 for my AR4X in the near future. 

could you please let me know what the total cost is to ship  4 units including postal/ shipping costs. 

i thank you for all your help and patience and would really appreciate it if from time to time if I could pick your brain on speaker restoration. 

Kind regards 

Paul

Edited by Sporch

• 2 weeks later...

I bought four of these heavy little guys.  They are 16 ohm 25 watt.  The ones AR used originally were Aetna-Pollacks at 15 ohm.  The 1 ohm difference is negligible.

With these replacement potentiometers, the additional resistor which the L-pad approach requires is not needed.  JKent's included directions are clear and the optional hardware and knobs are a nice option at a great price.  👍

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Update Jan 13, 2022

The factory informs me I should have these within 3 weeks (so expect 1st week in Feb). I will post updates here. The wholesale price increased but I was able to negotiate a little by buying more so I can hold the line for CSP and AK members at $30 per PAIR including crimp connectors, lock washers and genuine Daka-Ware knobs or $28/pr without knobs.

Kent

• 3 weeks later...

They're Back again! 😀

Please email me (PM box here is getting kinda full) Use my screen name at P T D [dot] net. $30/pair with DakaWare knobs or $28/pair without, plus postage from NJ. They weigh 4 oz. each.

JKent

• 3 weeks later...

This was my 3rd lot of 100 pieces (actually 120 this time around). Each time I say I'm not doing it again but within about 3 weeks I've sold more than 80 so I guess there's still a demand. Only about 32 (16 pair) left.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They're Baaack!

UPS tells me they will be delivered today, April 6, 2022. Please PM me with your  needs and I'll communicate further by email so the in-box doesn't fill up.

Figured out how to use a lock washer to prevent rotation so those are included as well. Keeping the price at $30/pair for CSP and AK members, plus shipping.

Kent