Ar-3f Speakers

kfilzen

23 hours ago, kfilzen said:

Can anyone help provide some information on these.  I know they were a precursor to the LST.  Hoping to find someone who has a set or may have worked on them.  Also, I need a spectral switch for one.

An “experimental” model perhaps 🤔 where a few got built but never went into actual production?? Speakers like that always intrigued me… How about picture posting that will help all interested here. Anything even close to the AR LST or ALLISON prism shape peaks my interest.

On 10/25/2022 at 3:29 PM, kfilzen said:

Can anyone help provide some information on these.  I know they were a precursor to the LST.  Hoping to find someone who has a set or may have worked on them.  Also, I need a spectral switch for one.

You Need a spectral switch for a AR LST speaker...?

You have a AR-3f speaker...?

Photo? A specific answer...

I feel the AR 10pi, is a very under-appreciated speaker. Dependent on condition, I would easily give up a set of my AR-3a's for a set of AR-10pi.

The use of a transformer the way AR did in the AR-LST and AR-10pi was something I felt was a good thing and I wonder why it was not used to a larger extent.

I just had a change of mood, I'm going to look for a pair of good condition AR-10pi and retain all of the sets of AR-3a's.

FM

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2022 at 5:57 PM, frankmarsi said:

I feel the AR 10pi, is a very under-appreciated speaker. Dependent on condition, I would easily give up a set of my AR-3a's for a set of AR-10pi.

The use of the transformer the way AR did in the AR-LST and AR-10pi was something I felt was a good thing and I wonder why it was not used to a larger extent.

I just had a change of mood, I'm going to look for a pair of good condition AR-10pi and retain all of the sets of AR-3a's.

FM

I also have wondered why the transformer that was used in such an ingenious way in the 10π and LSt was never used again in the industry that I know of...same as many many of the other wonderful Innovations AR made.

I have a set of 10π's.  9.5/10.  Early version.  Foam grilles still 7/10.  All drivers original to set.  Email if you're interested.

Scott.munoz.2007@gmail.com