Should I Be Concerned?

ar_pro

So we're watching this great documentary called 400 Years Of The Telescope, when the pattern-recognition area of my brain went off, and I needed to back the program up to see what had caused my mental exclamation point.

Turns out that in the background of a short scene with an astronomer speaking in his observatory, there were a pair of brown boxes. I'm pretty sure they're some flavor of AR-4.

Do all speaker nuts run this sort of continuous subroutine? Could it just be me? Holy cats.

01.JPG

02.JPG

It does not only happen with AR's suddenly showing up in the back.

It happens to me when any vintage audio setup comes along in a movie, commercial or show.

My wife sometimes shakes her head when I pause a program to see what equipment it is :lol:

A few years ago I went to see a Denzel Washington movie "The Pilot". There was a scene where he visits his father's vacation cabin and plays music on some vintage stereo equipment. I could not identify what it was. Later I rented the Blu Ray to pause the screen shot and identified the receiver as a Soundesign.  I have heard the 4x speakers described as "giant killers", but my favorite is Steve F and his father's label of "not fair speakers".

On 3/21/2017 at 2:12 AM, ar_pro said:

Do all speaker nuts run this sort of continuous subroutine? Could it just be me? Holy cats.

No, it's not just you and it's not just speakers. This thread jostled my memory back to two pieces from Anthony Mason that ran on CBS Sunday Morning. The first piece, from 2/08/15,  was on music photographer Henry Diltz, featuring a great shot of James Taylor. Another artist shown with his producing and reproducing equipment, was composer John Kander, who was profiled on 6/07/15.

I didn't save these pics at the time, but happily, I was able to find them with a minor amount of 'digging'.

Taylor.jpg

Kander.jpg

Archived