Big lot of AR speakers ever for sale!!!

What the heck!!! look at these...

Any CSP member in New Jersey area please help me pick up this  pallet of AR speakers I will offer free any two pairs to choose from. ..Lol :)

Cleaning Out Storage Pallet Lot Of Vintage AR Speakers 2,4,5 series for sale

6-8-2016 10-24-59 PM.jpg1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

guess I'd like to see pictures of all the drivers and hooked to a multimeter before shelling out that kind of coin.....there are no 12" models, just 8" and 10".....and how many 5's?  would suck to buy and then unwrap and find they're all filled with rat-shack woofers and dead tweets....

44 minutes ago, owlsplace said:

Give Kent a call and have him rent a U-Haul truck... then we can celebrate the "Restorathon 2016." ;)

Very good Idea owlsplaces!

So far I count 7 pairs AR2/2a, 3 pairs 4/4x, 3 AR5 speaker.. resale prediction 7 pairs AR2/2a=$150 ea pair, 3 pairs 4/4x=$100 ea pair, 3 AR5 = $75 single and the pallet = $1725..--- deduction after all the fees include rental a U-Haul truck, only $1000 left, we give away a lot ...

So we lose... I passed this sale..  ;)

Yep, that is one veritable mountain of collectible speakers. For the right person(s) with some appreciation and knowledge, skill, workspace, and a whole lot of initiative, this offering could be a bonanza, or at least a noble summer project. :blink: From what is known, they all seem to be excellent restoration candidates, and it would be great to see these end up with someone intent on getting complete pairs of vintage AR's back into daily use in a dozen or more homes.

This current listing dwarfs the sale that was noted in this thread: 

7 hours ago, Liangshan Marsh said:

Very good Idea owlsplaces!

So far I count 7 pairs AR2/2a, 3 pairs 4/4x, 3 AR5 speaker.. resale prediction 7 pairs AR2/2a=$150 ea pair, 3 pairs 4/4x=$100 ea pair, 3 AR5 = $75 single and the pallet = $1725..--- deduction after all the fees include rental a U-Haul truck, only $1000 left, we give away a lot ...

So we lose... I passed this sale..  ;)

are you talking restored or as is? I've seen 2/2a/2ax's going for $200-250 on CL, and 4/4x for $150-180 restored on CL.....

you could break even at the opening bid if all the drivers work and are original....if they aren't/don't, all bets are off....

3 hours ago, michiganpat said:

are you talking restored or as is? I've seen 2/2a/2ax's going for $200-250 on CL, and 4/4x for $150-180 restored on CL.....

you could break even at the opening bid if all the drivers work and are original....if they aren't/don't, all bets are off....

Oh, I am talking about resale as it, not for used or restored ... because all kind the speaker cabinets were roughly or water stain and unknown about the driver good or not so I estimate the minimum price sell for parts or repair..  So the prices are as follows : an  AR2/2a pair $150, AR4/4x $100 see this early ar-4x sold for $100 as example AR5 $75 each... ( if fully restored these speakers will be increased  twice time the price  I suggested, even more)

15 hours ago, ra.ra said:

Cherry veneer, very fine AR-3 specimens. Looks like they are sitting on a Union Jack carpet or towel.

Yes RA.RA, Very hard to get the nice pair, low serial C-12xxx with this fair offer '' BIN'' price, Most of them listed for auction and the end bid was always higher. Last five months ago TT sold a AR3 pair like this... for 1.5.4.9,, Last week the rare AR3 pine one, Auction ended for $1425 . I am already have the AR3 pairs if not I will trim parts of my collection to earn the budgets picking these pair.. ;) 

Archived