Knurled speaker terminal nuts

dna

I found the place to buy these, they come in several sizes but I know they got 8/32 and 10/32. 

Anyone know what my AR model 5, 17, 58s use? I know I need at least 2...

The place is The Home Depot, free delivery to the store! You can't go wrong, Ebay they are at least $3.00 and change EACH and then the insulting shipping charges you can expect to pay on EBay will apply. I sow one nut offered for $3. and change each and to buy 1 the shipping was $5.00.

Now we all know apadded envelope and a first class stamp doesn't cost $5.00.

I believe all AR, KLH and a few others used 8-32.

I have stainless steel or the original style nickel platted brass. Any member who needs some please send a PM after the new year.

Kent

Bear in mind the cheapest way to mail these is First Class Package for $4.00.

You may be better off with the ones from Home Despot. The brass so don’t “look” original but who’s gonna notice. They’re $1.67 each. Looks like they also have stainless for $2.24 each. That’s probably your best bet unless you want used originals or new nickel plated 

Thanks, I think I'd put my money in brass or nickle, they ought to be made of the same material as the terminal studs are to avoid corrosion.... nickle is pretty inert though Do I understand you have nickle ones?

I picked up a few sets at Home Depot.  The stainless steel nuts came in a 2-pack & the brass nuts came in a 3-pack.  I got 2 packs of each for $8.41 with tax.

Note that the brass nuts have a full bearing surface, whereas the center surface of the stainless steel nuts is bowled.  The stainless steel nuts provide good contact with the spade lugs that I am using, but you might want to verify that you are getting adequate contact with whatever termination you are using on your speaker wires.

2112741463_KnurledNuts.jpg.81ee778d949b095e6d5029d4198629f2.jpg

I agree, David. Thanks for the stainless steel information. It explains why some of my "stainless steel" tools love to collect on those monster AR-3 mid magnets I've been working with. :)

The original AR thumb nuts are nickel plated brass.

Roy