Fourth of July Steal of the Century

frankmarsi

shipping will be more than I can handle. I'm still going to give things away but you'll have to come to Lubbock, Texas and pick it up. :)

Pioneer SX1010 maybe two. Sound is good and static free. Can't guarantee that the 100 watts is still there

Pioneer SA 9500 very nice

Dual turntable one or two. some work and some don't but no real major problems

Technics SL 1300 MKII one not working. One won't start with switch but can be manually started by spinning by hand

Pioneer SX 1050 Maybe

Pioneer SX1250 partially apart. Needs glass, wooden cover fell apart when I took it off. I've cleaned the faceplate and all the knobs. I've sprayed the switches with DEOXIT. One of the large filter caps has been leaking. It obviously came from a home of heavy smokers as the entire outside was covered with smoke residue.

A couple more Pioneer receivers but I'm not sure right now which ones.

OLA with walnut and either Bullnose or tapered front trim. Very nice. Previous owner says he recapped the X Overs and installed banana clip connectors.

AR2ax cabinet with tweeters. Cabinet was painted black and coming apart. I've removed most of the paint and repaired the separated panels as best I could.

I may also have a pair of AR5s minus woofers and grilles.

Polk Audio 5jr 2 pair. One pair has had the bottom painted black. Both work.

I may have other items that I'll list later on. If you want any of the items listed PM me.

Hi Don

ROAD TRIP.

Hope everything goes well with your health.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Vern.

Same here Don, hope you're feeling better soon!

And by the way, most differences in decent caps go away

when tested under blind conditions, so that repair could

be a very straight forward one. The 9s are big and complex

so I understand. Wish you were closer to Connecticut, I'd

be happy to help you out!

Just looked on a map, you're only 1886 miles away!

Same here Don, hope you're feeling better soon!

And by the way, most differences in decent caps go away

when tested under blind conditions, so that repair could

be a very straight forward one. The 9s are big and complex

so I understand. Wish you were closer to Connecticut, I'd

be happy to help you out!

Just looked on a map, you're only 1886 miles away!

Thanks Pete. The bottom crossovers look as if there are screws holding them in. The uppers are stapled and probably glued. The 9s are fairly easy to handle with all the woofers out. I'm just worn out and need to take a long break and rest and listen to some vinyl :D

I had rotator surgery maybe 10yrs. back and It was almost a year before I could use my right arm. Thanks for your help.

ETA. The first person here gets everything they can carry. Next week it'll have to go in storage. :(

Archived