What's the impedance on the Advent/1?

thompw

Welcome thompw.

I don't claim to be an Advent expert but AFAIK there is no such thing as an Advent/1. "The Advent Loudspeaker" aka the OLA was 8 ohms.

-Kent

HEY THOMPW: HERE IS AN ADVENT FORUM AND YOU WOULD THINK THAT YOU COULD HAVE YOUR QUESTION ANSWERED, WITH A SIMPLE YES OR NO. THERE ARE ADVENT 1 SPEAKERS, AND I OWN A SET TO CONFIRM MY ANSWER!!! THE SAD THING ABOUT YOUR PREVIOUS RESPONSE IS A SHAME, THAT MIND NOT ENGAGED ALLOWS FLAPPING JUST TO IMPRESS!!! THE TERMINALS ARE MARKED ON THE RIGHT WITH AN #8 AND THE LEFT WITH A #0 SO PRAYERFULLY THIS HELPS YOU OUT. NOW GO AND ENJOY YOUR HEAVENLY MUSIC!!! TAKE CARE MY ADVENT BROTHER!!!

45 minutes ago, thompw said:

FYI: The Advent/1 was made from 1977 to 1983. It was made to replace the Smaller Advent. It is slightly larger than the Smaller Advent but smaller than the Large Advent. I currently have a pair of Advent/1's.

Well thanks for the information. As I said--I'm no expert on Advent.

Based on your response I did another Google search and found the Advent/1. They are 8 ohm speakers. Apparently there was also an Advent 1 (with no slash). Confusing.

-Kent

• 2 weeks later...

NLAs in the Extended position dip to 3.16 ohms at about 6.5 KHz.

I don't recall if the Advent/1 is voiced as the NLA in the Normal or Decrease position 

where the dip is not as bad, 4.13 ohms Normal, and 5.5 Decrease:

These are all far lower than 8 ohms.  They called them 8 ohm speakers for marketing reasons.

Imagine a stacked pair wired in parallel on Extended with a dip well below 2 ohms.

Archived