Repro Metal labels: KLH, Advent, AR

JKent

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FINALLY got more "3" badges. Shown below, an original is on the left and the copy is on the right. Solid brass with a pin epoxied to the back. The brass is not coated but Gene says to wipe it with olive oil annually to maintain the shine.

$9 each as shown, or if you want to attach your own pin and polish/remove burrs, $6 each. PM me if interested.

-Kent

11 22 16_1326.JPG

11 22 16_1328.JPG

11 22 16_1325.jpg

Thanks Glenn.

Here's what the raw ones look like. You need to remove a little tab, sand or polish the face, solder or epoxy a pin.

$6 each. PM me or use my CSP screen name at p t d [dot] net

raw 3 (2).jpg

• 3 months later...

I still have most of the reproduction badges pictured in previous posts. Also thumb nuts for speakers and genuine Daka-Ware knobs for AR speakers and amps.

-Kent

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Update

Here's a list of what I currently have available. I sell them on the auction site under the name "geekyshrink" and store name "KLH by JKH". Yes--geekyshrink is a goofy handle. Just glad I didn't choose "stupidhead" :lol:

CSP members who order here by sending me a PM will get at least 15% off the epay price.

• AR INC. Large and small, brushed or glossy solid brass
  • AR "3" pins (Sorry--have not been able to get good repro AR-3a badges).
  • Cizek black block lettering on gold tone aluminum
  • Cizek black script on aluminum
  • dynaco solid brass
  • KLH large aluminum for larger speakers such as 17, 20 etc.
  • KLH small aluminum for smaller speakers such as 14, 15,19, 708 etc.
  • KLH small aluminum for 8, 10, 11, 13
  • Advent

I also have original DakaWare knobs for AR speakers (and amps and McIntosh amps), replacement terminal nuts for AR, KLH, Bose, etc (either the original nickel over brass or cheaper stainless steel), various metal labels for KLH Model Eight radios and a replacement faceplate for the Advent 400 radio.

I make some oddball gadgets: One allows the use of a stereo music source such as a CD player, cell phone, etc with the KLH Model Eight Radio. Another gadget can be used to connect headphones to the KLH Model Eight and finally there is a gadget to connect 'phones to a KLH Model Twenty-One.

Then there are some amps, speaker drivers and other stuff. And of course I always have restored KLH Model EIght radios for sale.

I sometimes have original speaker badges available. If you see it on my auction page CSP members will get 15% off.

-Kent

You do beautiful work Kent

You have also graciously helped me MANY MANY times, knowingly or not

I have known you were well loved and active here since (my) day one, but had no idea just how much!

And NOW, I see you are a Davis fan (as am I)

Wish you were here on the left coast and I'd share with you some nice stuff I have (probably nothing you haven't heard, but some GORGEOUS pressings)

Although soon, as in well before Summer, I hope to be out of this nightmare and back home in North Carolina, Lord willing

Thank you Kent, sincerely, and best regards 

Craigk

• 10 months later...

Repro speaker logos for AR, KLH, Cizek, dynaco, Advent.

Repro labels for KLH radios.

Original DakaWare knobs for AR, KLH speakers and others.

Stainless steel thumb nuts for speaker terminals. edit: I also have some original style nickel plated over solid brass thumb nuts.

All FS on that auction site by "geekyshrink". Discount for CSP members if purchased through this forum. PM me.

-Kent

• 1 month later...

Hi Kent,

I happen to stumble upon this forum during my online search today. I am in the market for (2) AR inc badges, like the one at the lower right corner in the picture. Preferably the brushed brass ones if available.

Do you still make the replica badges? Reply here or send me a PM with your info. Thank you.

Terry

20181106_203600000_iOS.thumb.jpg.9323e3b5c75bfe89ee8d367106733823.jpg

1 minute ago, JKent said:

Welcome Terry

Your AR-3 with the MicroStatic on top? Nice!

Yes, I do have them. PM sent.

-Kent

Thank you for your very quick reply. Much appreciated!

I inherited them from my uncle. Purchased in 1967 along with a McIntosh MA6100 Preamp Amplifier.

Great speakers. If they have any issues due to age do NOT let anyone work on them until you check with us on the AR forum. Unfortunately some repair shops have no respect for vintage speakers.

I just sent the 12" woofers our to a place in in New York called Audio Classics. I have had worked with them before as they refurbished my McIntosh Amp.

They did a good job. I trust them. I will keep your reference in mind for the future.

Audio classics

By some chance is there an inexpensive source for the grill frame. unfortunately I damaged one when trying to straighten it. I have a plan to make a new one but if one can be purchased on the cheap I would do that.

Yes--audio Classics is very reputable.

The frames can break, especially if you have the plastic ones. I'd suggest posting this question in the AR section. Ebay seller Vintage AR sells them but they are not inexpensive and they require some modification so if you are able to make one yourself you're better off. But then you have the issue of replacing the grille material. It's made of saran and they have yellowed with age. They look fine as long as you have a matching pair. 

The material is still available! The manufacturer, Mellotone, sells it in giant rolls so not too practical but there is a seller in Canada who will sell what you need. https://qcomponents.ca/Mellotone/

I did buy that giant roll years ago but it's all gone now. It's also a little tricky to work with.

Check out this thread on AK. AK/CSP member Glenn (GD70) does great woodwork: http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/toilet-paper-stop-yields-a-pair-of-ar3s.735482/page-10#post-10113284

This is the cloth number and pattern I chose from Acoustical Solutions. #FR260
Edit: Apparently Acoustic Solutions doesn't list this anymore. Upon checking my invoice,
the manufacturer of the cloth is Acoustone 
This is swatch FR260

image.png.beda35452fca15aeb98fbda44e1d366c.png

AR 3 RH speaker.png

Edited by TRitz
Added a link for the cloth and a new picture.

• 10 months later...
On 1/4/2019 at 4:47 PM, JKent said:

Bump

Repro speaker logos for AR, KLH, Cizek, dynaco, Advent.

Repro labels for KLH radios.

Original DakaWare knobs for AR, KLH speakers and others.

Stainless steel thumb nuts for speaker terminals.

All FS on that auction site by "geekyshrink". Discount for CSP members if purchased through this forum. PM me.

-Kent

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2016 at 6:16 AM, xmas111 said:

These logos are very nice. I bought some AR logos from JKent a couple years ago and they are awesome. :)

Hello,
I know this is an old thread, but do you still sell the grill badges for the AR 2ax. The a and the large AR 2ax. If not, can you direct me to a possible source.

Many thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill

Sorry but I am sold out of the "a" pins and don't expect to get more. I never had the 2ax badge but I do have the large square "AR INC" that was used on the 2a. PM me if interested.

Kent

Thanks Kent, trying to find proper badging. Ordered some reproductions on eBay. Will see what they look like. In response to message about using anything other than RoyC doping solution. I recently coated  the surrounds with the tacky glue solution. Do you think, since this is a water based substance I could remove it, by brushing surround with water a few times, let dry, check and redope properly. Thanks for the advice. 
Bill

• 2 months later...

I now have AR-11 logos. Solid brass, adhesive backed. These are laser engraved but they feel smooth on top--they are not deeply engraved and filled like the originals. Very nice though. $11/pair for CSP members.

AR-11 logo resized.jpg

AR-11 logo 10.jpg