AR-90 AR-9 grill fabric replacement- how hard?

Guest cjm.blm@comcast.net

Guest cjm.blm@comcast.net

Does anyone know how the grill fabric attaches on these and how easy or hard it is to replace the fabric? Any help is welcome, thanks

Does anyone know how the grill fabric attaches on these and how easy or hard it is to replace the fabric? Any help is welcome, thanks

Welcome to CSP!

One option: Vintage-AR sells the cloth with complete instructions.

Members who have done this will probably give you other options.

Kent

• 11 years later...

Here's the Link to vintage- AR eBay store... however he's away on vacation so his store is closed and not excepting orders until he returns & will only show limited information 

https://www.ebay.com/str/vintagearpartsandservice

It might work.  The Fabric Mill website offers the option of buying a $1 sample, so why don't you try that first.  You want to verify that the fabric has plenty of stretch.  I have attached a copy of the instructions that Vintage AR provided me when I purchased the fabric for my AR-9Lsi's from them.  Also attached are the steps that I followed to replace the fabric on my AR-9Lsi's.  Your AR9's shouldn't be as challenging, but the procedure is basically the same.

Vintage AR Grille Cloth Installation Instructions.pdf

AR-9Lsi new grille fabric Installation.pdf