AR3 Grilles

Shacky

Hey Jim,

In the past I've glued small blocks of wood and velcro in the corners to hold the frame in the proper position. Not being a fan of the original snap-in arrangement, or synthetic material, I also use the 3a type of linen (which was also found on the last AR-3's).

Roy

2 hours ago, RoyC said:

Hey Jim,

In the past I've glued small blocks of wood and velcro in the corners to hold the frame in the proper position. Not being a fan of the original snap-in arrangement, or synthetic material, I also use the 3a type of linen (which was also found on the last AR-3's).

Roy

Thanks Roy!!!

Here are a couple AR3 grills I have in my parts collection. One is out of 1/4 in hardboard and the other plastic. The Masonite one has really warped.

C3OW8mml.jpg

lLxbrbYl.jpg

I was wondering if cutting them out of 1/4 in. black acrylic would be a good option?

• 3 weeks later...

I had to make new grill frames for one of my set of 3s and used 1/4 MDF. My other set of 3s have 3a frames and used one for measurements. With the Melotone Saran material on the frame. It’s fits nice and snug. No Velcro needed.