AR Speakers in Commercials

tysontom

William Shatner (tender age of 91) shown in hearing-aid commercial (!) with a pair of AR-2ax or possibly AR-5 speakers flanking the fireplace.  This commercial first appeared in December 2022 and is still current.  The AR-2axs (or AR-5s, less likely) are nicely positioned on each side of the fireplace, back against the fireplace wall.  Even the logo plates are straight.

William-Shatner_AR-2ax_008.thumb.jpg.97c66d698cc6b7c3b4caf225e6fee9ce.jpg

William Shatner developed tinnitus filming some sequences of the filming of Star Trek episode "Arena."

William-Shatner_AR-2ax_007.thumb.jpg.5ded1a0a6f20a86541c986fe04bba0ba.jpg

AR-2axs or AR-5s?  

Tom Tyson

18 hours ago, genek said:

The logo plates appear to be on the wrong side of the grills?

This should fix it.

I just read a couple of days ago that William Shatner did a 'Star Trek II, The Wrath Of Kahn' tour. For around $50 a seat, one could see the movie and chat with Bill. I wish it had come to my area, I think that would have been a lot of fun to chat with him for a minute or two.

Acoustic suspension speakers and hearing aids, Ed Villchur is in the room!

William-Shatner_AR-2ax_008.thumb-rev.jpg

4 hours ago, genek said:

It's a video.

On 3/16/2023 at 12:22 AM, tysontom said:

William Shatner (tender age of 91) shown in hearing-aid commercial (!) with a pair of AR-2ax or possibly AR-5 speakers flanking the fireplace.  This commercial first appeared in December 2022 and is still current.  The AR-2axs (or AR-5s, less likely) are nicely positioned on each side of the fireplace, back against the fireplace wall.  Even the logo plates are straight.

William Shatner developed tinnitus filming some sequences of the filming of Star Trek episode "Arena."

AR-2axs or AR-5s?  

Tom Tyson

2 minutes ago, RoyC said:

Those are KLH 6's. :)

Roy

Hard to know for sure, but they do seem to be KLH Sixes or Fours just by the appearance of the grill and logo.  It seems a bit ironic to have a pair of stereo loudspeakers shown in the background of a hearing-loss commercial, and perhaps they are just props in a studio setting, but it caught my attention.   

Tom

Those do not seem to be KLH-6s. The aspect ratio is wrong. They look like 2ax’s. If you enlarge the image, the logo appears to be brass with red lettering, although it’s tough to see for sure. Also, the logo seems too long to be the AR-5.

I’d assume the image was flipped horizontally by mistake, to explain the logo on the wrong side.

I as I've mentioned before I haven't any room left to post a foto of but, here's the link. There's another of better quality but, can't seem to locate it.

https://kahtahah.com/william-shatner-audio-history/

P.S. Good to hear from you again Steve F. Makes me think of the old days (early2000's) here at CSP.

FM

4 hours ago, Steve F said:

Those do not seem to be KLH-6s. The aspect ratio is wrong. They look like 2ax’s. If you enlarge the image, the logo appears to be brass with red lettering, although it’s tough to see for sure. Also, the logo seems too long to be the AR-5.

I’d assume the image was flipped horizontally by mistake, to explain the logo on the wrong side.

Agreed, Steve...I have both models here. It is a 6 without a doubt.

On 3/16/2023 at 12:22 AM, tysontom said:

AR-2axs or AR-5s?  

Tom Tyson

You put a smile on my face with this Tom! 
My folks gave me a pair of 2ax as a young teen wild about music equipment. That was around ‘72 or so and I was very grateful,  but If I were buying back then I would have gone for the 5’s.

Regarding Shatners hearing (so the story goes) Lenord Nimoy also suffered a hearing loss on the same “Arena” set from explosions during the filming.

Recently, Paramount got greedy and pulled all the Star Trek streaming from Netflix. Still needing my original series “ fix” I opted for the Blu-ray collection.

7 hours ago, genek said:

If you watch the video, the covers of the books on the table are not reversed. The image is not flipped.

Correct.

I flipped the image in my post above to make the KLH Six appear as an AR (at least when not in sharp focus). The screen grab in Tom's post is the correct orientation.

If you watch the video, you can briefly see the texture of the KLH grill cloth, which is another giveaway.