Hooking up AR-2ax Speakers

Rah-Rah

Hello All,

I just inherited a pair of Ar-2ax speakers, Dynaco Stereo Preamplifier, FM Tuner, Amplifier and Technics SL-1301 Turntable. Along with 2000 vinyls. I know absolutely nothing about hooking the equipment up.  They are used but still have boxes that they were stored in.  Can someone suggest a website or some input on how to hook up the speakers.  I am in fear that I will damage the equipment if done incorrectly.  At this point I am ready to sell and move on. Thanks in advance.

Rah-Rah

Pretty sure that the power amplifier is a solid-state Stereo 120.

If the OP doesn't have the manuals, they're available for download at hifiengine:

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/dynaco.shtml

One important note: the PAT-4 preamplifier has three phono inputs, but the vast majority of cartridges should be connected to the "Low" input.

I have a question about the Ar-2ax speakers.  Guy at store sold me these cables. Are these the correct ones to uses with the speakers?  This is where I get confused even more... what does the T stand for on the back and does it need to be hooked up? and to what? Some pages I viewed had a wire connecting it to the number 2.

image.jpeg

Except for the turntable the whole system is at least 50 years old and with appearance very nicely preserved.    What do you want to know?

If you want to merely test the speakers for electrical operation I would consider using an another amp for now instead of the ST120.