Looking for replacement pots for AR3a

Jeff Henry

I have restored a set of AR3a’s and the pots were cleaned but are still sketchy. Does anyone have a source for 4 new replacements? I have been considering building a resistor array but want to understand options of replacing the original pots first.

1 hour ago, Jeff Henry said:

I have restored a set of AR3a’s and the pots were cleaned but are still sketchy. Does anyone have a source for 4 new replacements? I have been considering building a resistor array but want to understand options of replacing the original pots first.

Member @JKentsometimes has new replacement pots for sale.  You can private message him or wait for him to see this thread.  You can also use lpads with parallel resistors which you can find referenced in many threads on this forum and discussed in the AR3a Restoration guide.  If you have questions they will be answered.

Thanks Aadams. L-pads work perfectly well if installed according to the AR-3a restoration guide. 

I've already responded to Jeff's PM but for others who are interested I ordered another 200 pots from the manufacturer in China and hope to have them within a month, maybe sooner.

Interested members should check my ad in the For Sale section but I'll mention a couple of things:

1. I'm including red crimps (instead of blue), which are more appropriate for the 18 AWG wire typically used in the crossovers.
  2. Now including a large stainless steel lock washer
  3. Price should remain the same

Kent

Pots w red crimps 1 resized.jpg