Woofer Substitue AR 17

dna

I have a pair of AR 17s and I need both woofers. Finding P/N 200001-1 is near impossible!  I found one AR 17 woofer on E-bay but it's got a poly (are they any good?) cone and mine did not.

I'd like to get the genuine speakers, any one know of a source?  I could use a recommendation for an AR 8" speaker that would be a good substitute if all

else fails. There are a lot of 8" AR woofers on E-bay to choose from.

Thanks in advance!

I have just finished restoring a pair of AR-17's that had MTX woofers installed.  I replaced them with AR 200045, 8" woofers.  These were originally found in the LMR of the 9Ls & 98Ls.  Their measured resistance of 4.8 ohms is the same as I measured for the 200001 woofers in my AR-15's.   The finished speakers sound good.

You may be able to find a 200001 woofer by also using the speaker model number in your search.  The 200001 was used in the AR-7, 15, 16, 17, 18, 25 and 94 (not 94s).

The 200037/210037 is also a good option and was used in the AR-18b, 18s, 28s, AV-18.  I've seen these show up often on eBay.

The 200050/210050 is another option and was used in the AR-28b, 25bxi, 38b & 38bxi.

Hopefully this helps.

On 3/16/2020 at 3:25 AM, mike tarelli said:

Hi,

Is it new woofers that you need or just the foam surrounds that are shot?

Re-foam kits are freely available and not difficult to fit.

Mike

My dogs literally ate the cones, I kept the speakers cone-less for years until I got the bright idea that some Radio Shack speakers would just fine in there ummm, NO!

When I did this AR was still around and I told myself one day I'd get some real ARs for it but life happened. I can't believ it and none of you folks will either but I pitched the the original woofers, they looked so bad....

I re-coned  my AR 58s, That will be another post concerning the capacitors.

On 3/16/2020 at 1:47 PM, AR55 said:

I have just finished restoring a pair of AR-17's that had MTX woofers installed.  I replaced them with AR 200045, 8" woofers.  These were originally found in the LMR of the 9Ls & 98Ls.  Their measured resistance of 4.8 ohms is the same as I measured for the 200001 woofers in my AR-15's.   The finished speakers sound good.

You may be able to find a 200001 woofer by also using the speaker model number in your search.  The 200001 was used in the AR-7, 15, 16, 17, 18, 25 and 94 (not 94s).

The 200037/210037 is also a good option and was used in the AR-18b, 18s, 28s, AV-18.  I've seen these show up often on eBay.

The 200050/210050 is another option and was used in the AR-28b, 25bxi, 38b & 38bxi.

Hopefully this helps.

This is exactly the kind of info I was hoping to get! I found a site (of course I thought I saved it but apparently not) that had a gray and white chart that listed a lot of the info you posted.It had links mid page that would lead you to more info on that particular P/N or M/N that was listed on the left side of the page. Sound familiar? Now I have to find some discretionary cash... Thanks a lot really!