FYI: AR-2x in Skokie

JKent

I have nothing to do with this but the speakers look nice. Check the auction site for item number: 371277224793

Nice pair of speakers. I sorta think of them as AR-4's with a bigger bottom.

Just a mild request here - - with an increasing number of posts showing up which offer a "heads-up" on sales of vintage equipment, it would be appreciated if the OP would include an image or two along with the appropriate weblink or other reference source. IMO, this would be helpful in two ways: first, it would give readers a quick idea of whether they wish to look into the sale further; and second, it would preserve in this thread a visual reference to accompany the dialog long after these CL and ebay listings have expired. It only takes a minute or two to capture and re-format these web images to make them easily viewable on the CSP site.

This thread concerns the pair in this first assembled pic which, by their low s/n's, might very well be the early version woofer (cloth). The second pic shows a slightly mismatched pair also currently for sale on the auction site.

post-112624-0-86222600-1426012610_thumb. post-112624-0-15750300-1426012631_thumb.

Nice pair of speakers. I sorta think of them as AR-4's with a bigger bottom.

Just a mild request here - - with an increasing number of posts showing up which offer a "heads-up" on sales of vintage equipment, it would be appreciated if the OP would include an image or two along with the appropriate weblink or other reference source. IMO, this would be helpful in two ways: first, it would give readers a quick idea of whether they wish to look into the sale further; and second, it would preserve in this thread a visual reference to accompany the dialog long after these CL and ebay listings have expired. It only takes a minute or two to capture and re-format these web images to make them easily viewable on the CSP site.

This thread concerns the pair in this first assembled pic which, by their low s/n's, might very well be the early version woofer (cloth). The second pic shows a slightly mismatched pair also currently for sale on the auction site.

attachicon.gifAR-2x IL.jpg attachicon.gifAR-2x MI.jpg

Like that idea ... serial numbers would be nice if available also.

Roger

Just a mild request here - - with an increasing number of posts showing up which offer a "heads-up" on sales of vintage equipment, it would be appreciated if the OP would include an image or two along with the appropriate weblink or other reference source.

IIRC the Administrator or one of the Moderators asked some time back that we NOT include links to ebay.

Not to be to grouchy here but it seems to me that if someone is motivated to buy speakers it's not too difficult to go to the ebay, CL or whatever site and read the listing. I'm just sayin'...

Kent

IIRC the Administrator or one of the Moderators asked some time back that we NOT include links to ebay.

Not to be to grouchy here but it seems to me that if someone is motivated to buy speakers it's not too difficult to go to the ebay, CL or whatever site and read the listing. I'm just sayin'...

Kent

Having the photos available for reference is nice ...

Roger

While this might be the thread where I posted the suggestion, my comments were in no way directed at any one particular listing mentioned recently. It just occurred to me that I have seen a bit more of this lately, and perhaps my suggestion could have been more useful and well received if I had only mentioned the photo idea and omitted the weblink comment b/c Kent is most probably correct about it being frowned upon. And I certainly agree that it's not too difficult to find this info on one's own, which is exactly why I feel no need to spread these listings. We all know Craig and we all know Mr. Bay. Occasionally there is a topic here where there is a very specific item of discussion, and then I might be inclined to take the time to post a picture (not attach a link) from an auction in order to try to make a particular point or to help extend the dialog.

I sometimes enjoy hearing what others have to say about the vintage audio marketplace, so I am not suggesting we need to completely curtail the practice as long as it falls within this forum's guidelines; rather, I was trying to suggest a way to make it more user-friendly to readers. Nonetheless, perhaps all of this is better suited to be located in the For Sale category, which is intended to foster transactions.

Archived