Pair of AR 9LS for sale - good condition.

Guest dogmeninreno

Guest dogmeninreno

>Due to lack of acceptance by my wife, I must sadly part with

>my prized AR 9LS, bought new in '83, back when I was single

>and had 'disposable income'.

>

>Looking for someone in Phillie area to come get them, want

>$1000 for the pair. If I have to ship, I expect the buyer to

>pay for shipping.

>

>These have sat unused since '97. A little bit of black scuzz

>at base leads me to suspect the woofers need re-foaming. Other

>elements fine. Cabinet in good shape, grill covers have minor

>'pilling', one has a minor tear of 2 inches.

>

>Wife does approve of home theater, so the money from the sale

>will be aspplied towards a home theater.

Asking price is out of my range. I would maybe be interested at a more reasonable figure. I have 2 sets of AR9's and with refoam on yours, It is out of my ballpark, Thanks for your consideration, I can arrange pickup at your place and arrange crating and shipping...Dale

PS, If your wife is agreeable with surround sound, You have a couple of great front L&R'S

That kind of pricing PLUS shipping is pretty much going to negate the prospect of ANYBODY getting them for home theater or anything else for that matter.

The AR-9's being offered are fairly close to me Dale, and I'm thinking about.............. 4 AR-9's would be breathtaking HT.

ET CARROLL,

I just saw you are located near Filthadelphia. Lower the price considerably and I may come get them, especially if they are on the Jersey side of the river.

George

Hello if it helps all I just picked up a pair of early 9LS with AR9 drivers paper not plastic with new foam in my home town for 300.oo In great shape these are the ones with all the writing on the front and all the drivers work

Jim

PS these were on ebay starting at 300 with no bids so the guy called me

Guest etcarroll

Well, I think I may just trade them in for a pair of Rocket 750 from AV123.

I could conceivably come down to $800 for the pair, but less than that and I'm losing money on vs. trading them in. I'm 15 mins. drive north of the the 1st exit off of rt95 south when you pass from DE into MD.

Also, the Rockets appear to have a high 'WAF' in their favor.

To further clarify my objective, I have built my initial HT in a large family room, and find I, and family, enjoy it very much. I think the next step is to finish off my basement as a true 'theater', and the speakers I get now will be the cornerstones of this future theater, not my present setup, (only slightly more than HTIB).

And yes, I saw what happens to ARs on flea-bay, that's just wrong if you ask me.

Gene

Guest etcarroll

It looks like my speakers are worth $600 in trade towards new speakers. I'll be auditioning the new speakers next week, (Fri).

If anyone is interested in owning this pair of AR 9LS speakers prior to my trading them in, you can come get them in SE PA. for $600.

Gene

• 4 months later...
Guest etcarroll

Well -

Went off and built an HTPC w/o realizing how much of my time that would eat up, so did nothing with the speakers.

With that done, found the parts needed to rebuild the AR9LS, but also have large Advents to rebuild.

I think I'll rebuild the Advents, so, I would let the ARs go for $500, again - need someone in Philly, Wilmington, DE., York, PA. triangle to save on charging on shipping.

Hello If i lived there I would do it but shipping to washington state would kill me .

but do you have a copy of the schematic for them I have a problem with mine no tweeter out put and the tweeters are fine.

Thanks and good luck

It just cost me 120.00 to have some 98ls sent from the east cost the speaker only cost 240.

I do hve a trucker friend that gets that way some times and he would just put them on his truck for me!

Guest etcarroll

Due to lack of acceptance by my wife, I must sadly part with my prized AR 9LS, bought new in '83, back when I was single and had 'disposable income'.

Looking for someone in Phillie area to come get them, want $1000 for the pair. If I have to ship, I expect the buyer to pay for shipping.

These have sat unused since '97. A little bit of black scuzz at base leads me to suspect the woofers need re-foaming. Other elements fine. Cabinet in good shape, grill covers have minor 'pilling', one has a minor tear of 2 inches.

Wife does approve of home theater, so the money from the sale will be aspplied towards a home theater.

• 2 months later...
Guest etcarroll

Well, I got a new pair of speakers, and an old pair of large advents to restore for my den, so I have no desire to restore the AR 9LS pair.

If someone has $300 for them, I'm listening.

• 9 months later...
Guest etcarroll

Well, with my new job, and its 5 hours of commuting a day, it's obvious I'll never get to these speakers, so, I have a working pair of AR9ls, will need some new foam for elements, cabinets in good shape, grills pilled from my cats.

Best offer takes them

I'll throw in a pair of large Advents, they don't work, but could be a project for someone.

Gene

Guest amulford

It's rough what the wives will make you do sometimes...

Where in SE PA are you located? As in how far from the Comm. Barry? I live right over it in Jersey, so you're probably pretty close by.

I'll tell ya what. I hate to see classics like these not get a good home. I'll give you $175 for them. Lemme know...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ecarroll

>How far is Phily from northern NJ, just over George

>Washington Bridge?

I used to live in SE MA, it would be about 7 hours drive from the S. Shore of Boston.

Gene

Guest ecarroll

About a 45 min. further drive from the Comm. Barry. Or cross Del. Memorial and pick up 95S into MD to first exit, then 15mins North.

Gene

>It's rough what the wives will make you do sometimes...

>

>Where in SE PA are you located? As in how far from the Comm.

>Barry? I live right over it in Jersey, so you're probably

>pretty close by.

>

>I'll tell ya what. I hate to see classics like these not get

>a good home. I'll give you $175 for them. Lemme know...

Guest ecarroll

All -

Seems my ISP was rejecting all mail from this site as spam, so I'm using a different account.

I can forward pics of the AR9Ls should any be interested.

Gene

Archived