Just finished restoring another set of 3as.

GD70

On 3/27/2023 at 8:35 PM, GD70 said:

Interestingly, when I recorded these, there was no distortion, which I think my phone is causing with the low end. The 3s sound much more reticent than in person compared to the 3as, which sound much clearer and forward in the mids and highS in the recordings. These are just for an idea not HiFi at all!

I noticed those issues when trying to video-record the 2ax also. It’s very difficult to capture the sound and not have the phone/YouTube distort it. But I can hear what your 3 and 3a are putting out, and mentally filter the artifacts added by phone/YouTube.

Awesome!!

Im thankful my 2ax’s don’t have the corner issues and veneer separation. I don’t have the tools nor the space to deal with it. Light sanding and new satin finish is about all I can handle.

On 4/6/2023 at 3:05 AM, Giorgio AR said:

I also follow you on AK, I've seen your "works" (perhaps saying "masterpieces" is better) I appreciate your passion, dexterity and attention to detail...the attached photos are very useful, helpful and very demonstrative for us enthusiasts.
My compliments on your wonderful restorations of our beloved Acoustic Research.

Thank you Giorgio!

I love doing these restorations and documenting them for others to feel confident they can also do it, or at least see what is needed to bring them back to former glory!

Cheers, Glenn