WTB Early unmolested original set of 3as for restoration with alnico cloth surround woofers.

GD70

Hi all,

I have a client looking for a set of 3as. He wants an early set, with original drivers in tact. The cabs can need some work, which I’ll restore, but I’m not interested in basket case or anything with moisture damage. I plan to have Chris rebuild the tweeters. I’ll recap the crossovers, and repair or replace the pots, and any other work necessary.
So if anyone has a set they are interested in selling, please let me know what you’re asking, and most importantly, detailed pics I can send to my client.

Best regards, Glenn

On 11/27/2022 at 1:06 AM, Martin said:

Glenn, where are you located? I was just thinking about selling my alnico 3as.....

Morning Martin,

Just following up to see if you’re interested, would need to ship if you’re comfortable with this, and an asking price.

Thanks, Glenn

• 2 weeks later...

Glenn, Unfortunately, I'm in Los Angeles. I think shipping these is too risky. (That's based on several horrific past experiences.) You shouldn't have too much trouble finding a good, local pair--fifty years ago it seemed like everyone in Westchester had 3as.  

On 12/11/2022 at 8:54 PM, Martin said:

Glenn, Unfortunately, I'm in Los Angeles. I think shipping these is too risky. (That's based on several horrific past experiences.) You shouldn't have too much trouble finding a good, local pair--fifty years ago it seemed like everyone in Westchester had 3as.  

Hi Martin,

Thanks for getting back to me. I agree with shipping issues for sure! My client is in Puerto Rico, so they would ship to me, then to him. Lot's of miles! There are many in the N.E area, and I'm confident we will find a good set.

Have a great holiday and cheers!

Glenn

• 3 months later...