Listened to to AR-3’s for first time.

CSUNRocks

• 4 weeks later...
On December 6, 2018 at 9:08 PM, CSUNRocks said:

They sound wonderful. I can actually such clear separation. Compared to my JBL’s next to them, they are a step up. How could a 60 year old speaker sound so good ? The effort that went into engineering these. Man alive. 

D8808234-0A25-4A7B-BB57-5D0CFC597A52.jpeg

Those are stunning examples!

I can almost guarantee the mids should be rebuilt as the dome sealer is most likely rock hard now, greatly reducing their output.

Roy C. rebuilds them, and I can say the difference is astounding! Mine sound as close to new as possible now. Well worth the effort.

What are your serial numbers?

Glenn

I will have the guys in Minneapolis a NW Speaker remove the mids and the highs ?and have Roy rebuild them. I’m afraid to do it myself. The serial. Numbers are C25803 and C25840. They do now sound equal or better than the JBL L-96’s. I enjoy brushing my hand over the cabinets. They are so smooth and beautiful. I use a Gibson guitar cleaner on the cabinets. It’s perfect for this varnish. They do sound strong. The former owner never turned them up loud and cherished them. 

On 1/6/2019 at 1:08 PM, GD70 said:

Those are stunning examples!

I can almost guarantee the mids should be rebuilt as the dome sealer is most likely rock hard now, greatly reducing their output.

Roy C. rebuilds them, and I can say the difference is astounding! Mine sound as close to new as possible now. Well worth the effort.

What are your serial numbers?

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

im going to get ahold of Roy and this year and ship him my midranges to rebuild. Did you ship yours to him or drive the entire speaker to him. ?

Archived