ar3 grills

arken

Is it possible to get the grill off of an ar3 speaker without breaking it? I tried to get the first one off with no luck. The second one is on a near flawless ar3. I hate to damage it. It has the beige plastic feeling grill. I really would like to keep these grills even if the second one breaks as well. Is it possible to attach these to  frames I got from Vintage AR? The one speaker is just beautiful and the other looks very good. I want to keep these as original as possible. They don't need to be sanded down there fine the way they are. Though I do need to get in there to change the caps(there not the old oil caps) Any advice on the grills would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Ken  

Hi arken!

To remove the grills, you need to bow them out in the middle so the top and bottom edges can be lifted or lowered away from the recessed channels on top & bottom. As you know, they are extremely fragile and most likely break.

I made new grill frames from 1/4 inch MDF. The matching fabric can be bought from a Canadian company. I have the info at home and can add it tonight.

They came out great, and are far stronger than the originals.

Glenn

Archived