Witch AR speakers are these ?

duvel

Those look just like a set of AR94R speakers I found at a garage sale last summer. Dug mine out and took a couple photos. Mine have plastic tops. There were several versions of the 94 produced. Different cabinet materials and slightly different drivers. Eight in woofer, eight in mid woofer and a cone tweeter. Sock style grill cloth. What I have read is that they sound pretty decent with enough power fed to them. 

0JhnYtT.jpg

WbOJR1y.jpg

duvel,

For some reason I can't open your photo but if larrybody is correct those are good, not great, AR speakers. I don't know about prices in Europe. 175 euro is about 210 USD. If the woofers have been re-foamed and the grilles are in good shape they will give you good listening pleasure.

Here's a thread on some I worked on. The fellow I sold them to tells me often that he likes them

-Kent

Thanks for the fast reply. I think i'm gonna pass. Mostly because you say they need a lot of power. I'm driving my restored ar-5 now with the fisher x-202 (15 watt ) amplifier. the sound is very good but i feel like i'm missing out on something if  i compare it  to when i drove them with my previous sansui au 9500 (75watt) amplifier. I think i must find a more efficient kind of speaker. Does AR have a more efficient kind of speaker where the sound is as good or better as that of the ar-5?

Archived