KLH Model Eight preamp?

Lucky Pierre

Good afternoon!

Do the fine folks over here know anything about a KLH Model Eight preamp for connecting a record player or tape player to a Model Eight radio?  There is a gentleman on AK that has one for sale, unused, still in the box.

I have never heard or seen such a thing.  I am trying to figure out what it looks like.  All that I have come up with on the net is this:

klh-model-eight-adapter-preamplifier_1_37bc3b380febf4ce4825764973523288.jpg.6ffa9a23a3c5045d4c3e39053c32302e.jpg

TIA,

Peter

Hi Pierre

Yup. That's what it looks like. I have a couple of those but only as collectors' items. They are early 1960s vintage solid state and of course they are mono, so you can hook up a mono phono or aux. Attached is a photo of the innerds. There were actually TWO versions--one for use with Model Eights with serial numbers below 900 IIRC (I'm sure I have the instructions somewhere but can't seem to find them).

I make a "clone" that will play a stereo source, like an iPhone (converts it to mono) but to play a turntable a separate phono preamp would be required. The 3rd photo here is the clone.

-Kent

jacks (resized).jpg

innerds resized.jpg

clone resized.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2017 at 7:00 PM, Lucky Pierre said:

Thanks JKent!

That is exactly the information I was looking for.  I hoped it would be in a walnut cabinet.  Even unused it would be a nice curiosity to have in the collection. 

I will continue to look for a Model Sixteen then.

So that is your picture I saw on google...

L_P

Are you referring to the KLH Model 16 ?  Integrated amp that uses the Model 18 as it's tuner?    

Archived