New Score

der

Among other gear purchased at an auction down the street I bought a pair of Advert Heritage speakers in pristine condition. The cabinets are in like new condition. Woofer surrounds look good but there's always that chance they'll need replaced. Haven't heard them yet. Thinking of including them in my surround sound setup with my big Samsung UHD TV.  Paid $50 for the pair.  Also scored two Onkyo surround sound receivers, a CD/DVD changer, and a massive 2- 12" powered sub-woofer (that I haven't even looked at yet) I just know it's very heavy. Paid another $50 for all that. Receivers do work. Also included was an equipment rack that I'm giving away. Have no use for it.  More later.

der

Sorry, I was confusing.  There was only one powered 12" subwoofer.  My wife has also reminded (corrected) me that I paid a grand total of $125 for all of the following.  1. The subwoofer  2. One pair of Advent Heritage Speakers (dual 8" woofers and a tweeter in each), 3. 3 additional smaller Advent AV speakers (right and left and center)  4. 2 - Onkyo AV receivers, 5. 1 CD changer which I haven't even looked into and 6.  A Sony VHS/CD/DVD player recorder that apparently can copy VHS tapes to disc. One of receivers, the smaller 3 Advents, the subwoofer, the Sony unit and the CD changer all were part of a rack that I bought for one price. 

So far I have tried all but the CD changer and the Sony unit and all work fine.  

der

Looks like one woofer needs a definite a re-foam. I'm going to do all 4 of them. I'm guessing they all need it.   It will be a new experience for me. Not sure where to buy the best foam. Can someone make a suggestion?

Thanks,

der

Sounds like an excellent find. I am also looking out for some Advent Heritage speakers for my second theater system which is an Onkyo setup. I have a Advent center speaker and a passive Asvent subwoofer powered by a carver amp for this audio setup. Massive bass. The Heritage Speakers would help bring out the Highs better than the Sony speakers I have for this 7.1 setup.  I have never heard them before. However, others have told me they are a fine speaker. Look forward to your review once complete with the re-foam and placed it service.

Mine need a woofer refoam although the foam on 3 of the 4 woofers is intact. I'm going to refoam them all. I'm going to use mine exactly as you are. In my surround sound sytem with my 60" UHD TV.  They are good sounding speakers. NBot quite the equal of my AR3a but still very good.  I'll keep you posted on my progress. 

Archived