MG27 Subwoofer - Need help - 10' drivers spec

sergiopx

Hi guys, i have a problem with a second hand pair of Mg27 mono. The old owner gave the four 10 inches driver to a restore shop for new surrounds and they made a full restore changing the spiders (now are too strong but i still with a piece of the soft original one) and the coils too. I'm really not confident and sad about these renovated drivers and i would like to try to restore the original situation of these rare drivers. So i'm asking here to the Mg 27 owners in this website if they can please check the DC resistance and the inductance of the original 10' inches MG27 drivers and let me know the results. Will be really appreciated to know also the original diameter of the coil's copper wire. Please Help Help Help. Thank You in advance to everyone can provide help (even small details or small infos are really appreciated) about that.

Sergio

Italy

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome Sergio!

I don't know why, but Cizek speakers are much more popular in Italy than they are in the USA. Over here they are rare, and the MG27 is very rare. Here's a review of those speakers, in Italian: 

The foremost Cizek expert I know of is CSP member Paolo Lippe. He helped me out when I was looking for information on the KA-1s I was restoring. He's in Italy and he has some MG27s. I suggest you send him a PM:

http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/IP.Board/index.php?/profile/101570-paolippe/

ciao,

Kent

Archived