AR3a pot for parts

abrasiveguy

Welcome Abrasiveguy

Do you sell sandpaper or are you really annoying? ;)

Those are a little unusual. Early versions maybe. Most of the AP pots had (I think) red or black plastic stems with those pins molded right in. I wonder if you can use a plastic stem instead of the aluminum. Maybe someone else will know if they are interchangeable.. If so, I have one I could send to you.

-Kent

Those metal stems are actually original to the last version of the potentiometer. The wiper of this version is comprised of two pieces (the usual wiper and a backing piece). The parts are interchangeable with the earlier plastic stem versions.

I may have a few of those plastic pins, but will have to check to see if I have the wider one you need. If not, I have many of the plastic stems. Send me a PM if interested.

Roy

3 hours ago, abrasiveguy said:

Roy, thank you for your response. I am very interested to see if you have the proper pin for this application.  Please let me know how to proceed. 

Thank you,

Joe

Joe,

I found one wider pin, and two smaller. Send me a personal message through the forum and we can discuss the details.

Roy

14 hours ago, RoyC said:

Those metal stems are actually original to the last version of the potentiometer. The wiper of this version is comprised of two pieces (the usual wiper and a backing piece). The parts are interchangeable with the earlier plastic stem versions.

I may have a few of those plastic pins, but will have to check to see if I have the wider one you need. If not, I have many of the plastic stems. Send me a PM if interested.

Roy

1 hour ago, abrasiveguy said:

Roy,

Thank you again.  I would like to purchase that item from you if I may, it would allow me to continue my project.  Please let me know details.

Joe

Roy,

I am a Newbie, so I don;t know if I am responding to you properly...please advise. Thanks.

Joe

Go to Roy's post, above, and click on his name. A little window will pop up and in the lower left corner is an envelope icon marked "Message". Click that to send him a personal message (PM)

Archived