AR woofer data from 1997 PE Catalog

ligs

Thank you. This just gave me some food for thought. I have a pair of BA A70s that need new woofers and I just wanted to get some idea _ perameter wise _ as to what might work O.K. in place of the originals. This will be a "restification" project. I know that these AR woofers are no longer made obviously. But, after seeing these specs I have an idea what to shoot for.

thanks...I have some home built speakers using a PE buyout 6.5" woofer...I need to pull one to look at the PN, but they cross reference to the holographic imaging M1 & M4 midwoof.

in my application they sound wonderful. I've got them running full range, with a 2nd order crossover on some vifa D27TG-45 tweets crossed at 3500 hz. they're in a ported box about 3/4 the size of a smaller advent, and dug just as low, if not a little lower than my SA's 9" woofers.

I had AR M1 once, The AR PN for M1 woofer is 1210130-1A. In AR M1 the woofer is connected directly to the terminal while the 3.5 k Hz high pass to the 3/4 dome tweeter is a simple 4.5uF/0.3 mH iron core 12 db/oct parallel network.

AR 6.5-338(PE number) for AR M1 Vas 1.13 liters. Q ts 0.43 Fs 30.5 . very low Fs. This is what I have( needs double checking).

thanks...I have some home built speakers using a PE buyout 6.5" woofer...I need to pull one to look at the PN, but they cross reference to the holographic imaging M1 & M4 midwoof.

in my application they sound wonderful. I've got them running full range, with a 2nd order crossover on some vifa D27TG-45 tweets crossed at 3500 hz. they're in a ported box about 3/4 the size of a smaller advent, and dug just as low, if not a little lower than my SA's 9" woofers.

It's interesting how running a woofer "direct" with a crossover only on the tweeter leg works almost flawlessly many times. I did just that with a pair of Large Advent 5002 that I had to repair almost all throughout.

depends on the design of the woofer, and it's response...the 8" AR woofer used in the 7/17/18 etc, the 8" EPI woofer, or the 10" seas woofer the dynaco A25 use have a flat response out to 2+khz and a smooth natural roll off that no choke was needed.

Archived