Jump to content

What is this glop?


Recommended Posts

I am re-foaming my Ohm Model Ls, and when I removed the dust caps to shim the coil, I found globs of yellowish brown jelly. It's in both speakers.

I've refoamed several speakers and never saw this. Is there something wrong? Suggestions, please.


[edit] Update:turns out this is thermal grease and it's supposed to be there for cooling. Will post photos of the completed speakers

Please see this thread: http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/IP.Board/index.php?showtopic=4631


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

I not so sure this stuff is Ferrofluid, I have seen this stuff used in speakers but mostly in high end tweeters. The Ohm L mid, and tweeter, from the photo at least, look identical to the mid, and high range in my W35's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...