HI VI TWEETERS

troppo

Hi All;

Quick question. I dropped one of my new HI VI tweeters, then, The tweet was placed face down on a counter top. Really dumb!! Think that I might have damaged the tweet?

Also, I plan on fastening a backing to the tweeter and then glueing the resistor to the backing. Should I have the confidence that the glue will last for years?

Troppo

Hi All;

Quick question. I dropped one of my new HI VI tweeters, then, The tweet was placed face down on a counter top. Really dumb!! Think that I might have damaged the tweet?

Also, I plan on fastening a backing to the tweeter and then glueing the resistor to the backing. Should I have the confidence that the glue will last for years?

Troppo

Troppo,

Your tweeter should be OK...Did the dome return to its original shape?

You are gluing a resistor to the back of the tweeter? Do you mean an inductor? As for the durability of the glue, it depends on what glue you intend to use. Generally speaking, a high quality modern glue will easily last many years.

Roy

You are gluing a resistor to the back of the tweeter? Do you mean an inductor? As for the durability of the glue, it depends on what glue you intend to use. Generally speaking, a high quality modern glue will easily last many years.

Roy,

When I did mine you recommended using a spacer so the inductor is not glued directly to the metal on the tweeter. If Troppo is installing an inductor, he should use a spacer of cardboard or tin wood, correct?

Kent

Roy,

When I did mine you recommended using a spacer so the inductor is not glued directly to the metal on the tweeter. If Troppo is installing an inductor, he should use a spacer of cardboard or thin wood, correct?

Kent

Hi Kent,

Yes...even though the HiVi Q1R is magnetically shielded, the measured inductance is a bit higher if the coil is glued directly to the metal shield. I assumed that is what Troppo meant as "backing".

Roy

Archived