Major TCSP upgrade underway

administrator

I have begun moving TCSP to a new server. The new server provides a huge upgrade in terms of hardware performance and reliability. We will also be running a more modern server operating system which will allow an upgrade to the latest version of IP.Board.

I hope to have all the work done by the end of this weekend. Once we're running the latest IP.Board I'll institute some new anti-spam measures so registering for the forums is much easier on new users and on Gene. I think we need to revisit the issue of "Librarians" in some of the forums as well to clean things up - moving threads, adding tags, etc.

Mark

Will the new version of IP.Board allow indefinite editing? One or two other forums I visit on the net allows this and I've found this feature very handy from time to time.

I'm sure it's something that I can configure... the flexibility of the software is somewhat daunting. I'll look into it once everything is up and running.

Mark

I have begun moving TCSP to a new server. The new server provides a huge upgrade in terms of hardware performance and reliability. We will also be running a more modern server operating system which will allow an upgrade to the latest version of IP.Board.

I hope to have all the work done by the end of this weekend. Once we're running the latest IP.Board I'll institute some new anti-spam measures so registering for the forums is much easier on new users and on Gene. I think we need to revisit the issue of "Librarians" in some of the forums as well to clean things up - moving threads, adding tags, etc.

Mark

Anyone seeing an improvement in responsiveness? Hopefully no decrease...

Mark

Anyone seeing an improvement in responsiveness? Hopefully no decrease...

Mark

Definitely seeing a marked improvement, excellent work!

User-Agent:Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_5; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.19.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.3 Safari/533.19.4

Server:Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) PHP/5.3.3

Mark

Now that we're running the latest version of the forum software I expect to run into bugs... and spend time customizing things. I should have time this weekend to begin addressing bugs and customization. Email me at webmaster@classicspeakerpages.net, especially if you have bug reports.

Mark

Mark

New users can now register themselves, no input from Gene required. If the spammers start hitting us again, I'll make up a set of registration questions related to classic speakers and see if that will finally stop them.

I also doubled the total attachment size limit, I can't imagine anyone will run into that. If you do, send me an email and I'll deal with it on an individual basis.

Mark

Archived