Ken Kantor!

tysontom

As many of you know, Ken Kantor is a speaker-designer-writer extraordinaire! Ken's contributions to audio -- especially to the goal of accurate-sound reproduction -- cannot be adequately described in these pages. He is at the top of his art. His work at AR and later at his other companies, such as NHT, is simply remarkable.

And here we are, on these delightful (if humble) AR pages, with his contributions and answers and insights, day-in and day-out. Most engineers simply would not find the time to be involved in the manner he has been with us. We owe him a debt of gratitude!

We are very lucky to have him with us on these discussions!

SEASON'S GREETINGS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS, Ken!

--Tom Tyson

Boy, I'll second that. I'm new here, but Ken's been very generous and tolerant with his information and advice, even though I've admitted to performing unspeakable acts with a pair of AR3a's ("planar tweeters??? Are you kidding????"). Now, gotta go dip my woofer cones in pine sap...

Best --

--Daniel

Mega Dittos to that thought, Tom!

Thanks Ken, for the incredibly unselfish sharing of your time, insight, and experience.

It's like having a drummer's site and going one-on-one with Joe Morello or Tony Williams, or a baseball site where you get to ask Nomar how he positions himself for right-handed pull hitters.

We are indeed fortunate to have one of the industry's "heavy hitters" spend some of his valuable (and rare, I'm sure!) free time with us.

Happy holidays to all the Forum members.

Steve F.

>We are indeed fortunate to have one of the industry's "heavy

>hitters" spend some of his valuable (and rare, I'm sure!)

>free time with us.

>

I very much agree.

I also want to express my gratitude to all the other forum members who have have contributed technical insight and historical information.

We once again have to give thanks to the vision and dedication of Mark Spencer. Thanks for all the hard work Mark, and thanks for keeping the idiots off the forum.

I also want to thank Dale in Reno and others for making parts available to us all.

Happy Holidays !

35 yrs ago, if someone had told me I would be discussing AR, and KLH products, and accessing and getting guidance from some of the best out there, 35 YEARS IN THE FUTURE, well, you already know what I would've said.

We are fortunate to have the brilliant and well dressed Ken Kantor aboard. We are also fortunate to have the historians Tom and Steve.

What a fantastic resource, and diversion this site is. We have MARK to thank for the whole shooting match! So thanks to Mark, Ken, Tom and Steve, and everybody else who has the good sense to participate here.

Happy Holidays to all,

The Grand's of South Jersey

What a treat to check into this site. Always informative and entertaining. There are few places you can get a straight answer to anything these days. This site is truly a gem. Thanks to Tom and Ken and others. But I want to add special thanks to our leader Mark who has made such an investment of time making this possible.

Only issue is that we have to start energizing the next generation so we'll have a future market (when we are all to old to hear anymore) for all the classic AR speakers we have been buying and restoring!

Hope all have a great Holiday season. Thanks Mark!!

SteveG

>Only issue is that we have to start energizing the next

>generation so we'll have a future market (when we are all to

>old to hear anymore) for all the classic AR speakers we have

>been buying and restoring!

I agree, this has been a longstanding concern of antique car people. It's refered to as the "graying" of the hobby. However, there are a few post baby boomers like me on the forum.

The best way to start is to expose your children, grandchildren, nephews and nieces to classic speakers. I think it's a very constuctive and rewarding hobby for kids as well as adults.

I couldn't agree more with the sentiment that Mr. Kantor's participation makes this an especially special place to be.

But then I appreciate all of the relationships this section has to the AR we all knew and loved whether we knew it intimately or just loved its products. I appreciate the guidance, the wit, and the wisdom.

Mr. Kantor, thank you for being here for us.

Mark, "You done good," as they say.

Bret

Guest dogmeninreno

>I couldn't agree more with the sentiment that Mr. Kantor's

>participation makes this an especially special place to be.

>

>But then I appreciate all of the relationships this section

>has to the AR we all knew and loved whether we knew it

>intimately or just loved its products. I appreciate the

>guidance, the wit, and the wisdom.

>

>Mr. Kantor, thank you for being here for us.

>

>Mark, "You done good," as they say.

>

>Bret

Hello Ken and Happy holidays. I have enjoyed dealing with you this year and I share the views of my fellow commenters. THANKS!! Have a safe and great New years Ken!! Dale in Reno.....

Ken is one of the nicest guys I have met in my audio travels. He took the time during a busy period in the development of his new company to spend an afternoon with my girlfriend and I. I felt like a kid in a candy store!

Tom, your insights have also been very valuable here and it's clear people can't wait until you reply to topics in the forums.

And since this website is largely composed of material that has been sent to me, via email, snail mail, and in person .. thanks to everyone who has become involved in this project.

Finally .. I appreciate the kind comments regarding my involvement in the website. At times I wish I had started out with a better design and scalable template .. this is currently being corrected. :D I'm confident everyone will be very happy with the database driven site. This afternoon I'm working on template elements, so the redesign project is very active. Keep an eye on the main Classic Speakers forum for updates and my pleas for help.

Mark

Tom,

I can't tell you how deeply touched I am. Sir, I have learned as much from you as from any single person in this business. Thank YOU, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

This place is just great, always the highlight of my day when I surf here. Mark has build a wonderful communications forum here... a rarity on the internet, and almost unheard of in the world of online audio!

I am honored to participate, and its fun, too! I'll be here.

Thanks, again. You really cheered me up.

Best wishes for a good and happy New Year.

-k

Archived