WTB - KLH 6 Back Plate

Charles218

I am looking for the plate at the rear of the cabinet on the KLH Model 6, this is the plate where the connection to the amp is. I understand that there are two versions, I am looking for the plate that is not recessed into the cabinet. Anyone have any extras?

Charles

I am looking for the plate at the rear of the cabinet on the KLH Model 6, this is the plate where the connection to the amp is. I understand that there are two versions, I am looking for the plate that is not recessed into the cabinet. Anyone have any extras?

Charles

Hi Charles

If you send me the one you have, I can have a reasonable copy made for a pretty low price. Below is a picture of KLH logo plates I had made: Original on the left, repro on the right. Send me a PM if you want to pursue this.

Kent

post-101828-1276572447.jpg

Hi Charles

If you send me the one you have, I can have a reasonable copy made for a pretty low price. Below is a picture of KLH logo plates I had made: Original on the left, repro on the right. Send me a PM if you want to pursue this.

Kent

Kent,

Thanks for the reply, but the plate that I need is the rear plate not the logo badge.

Charles

Guess I was not clear. I can have ANY metal plate reproduced. The photo was just an example so you can see the level of accuracy. The repro is not quite as shiny as the original but is quite credible.

Below is a shot of the iPod adaptor I just made for the KLH Model Eight radio. The metal label is modeled on the style of the original KLH Phono Preamp (also shown below).

Also below is an AR label I had made. Original on the left, repro (aluminum) on the right.

Kent

post-101828-1276573427.jpg

post-101828-1276573466.jpg

post-101828-1276574864.jpg

Guess I was not clear. I can have ANY metal plate reproduced. The photo was just an example so you can see the level of accuracy. The repro is not quite as shiny as the original but is quite credible.

Below is a shot of the iPod adaptor I just made for the KLH Model Eight radio. The metal label is modeled on the style of the original KLH Phono Preamp (also shown below).

Also below is an AR label I had made. Original on the left, repro (aluminum) on the right.

Kent

Kent,

Yes, I see, this sounds good. I'm going to give my post another week or so and see if someone comes up with original plates. There is something esthetically comforting about having the real thing, but if nothing shows up it looks like the repro would work well.

Thanks!

Charles

Archived