My new Model One's

Tubeboob

I just got back my Model Ones after a refoam, using them in place of my Polk Monitor 7's with Peerless tweeters with my 1960's vintage Fisher 400 Tubed Receiver.

Initial Impressions:

1. Voices are no longer veiled, they sound much clearer.

2. Bass is astounding, yet clean. No boomy sounding bass here.

3. Soundstage is very wide, imaging is superb.

4. I'm hearing sounds in the music that I did not hear before, every detail is present.

5. Highs are crisp and clean, with no distortion.

6. The transition from low notes to mids to high notes is seamless and so smooth that you don't hear the crossover point.

7. The last time I heard speakers that sounded this good, they cost close to $3,000.00 (new, of course).

8. The cabinets are of a beautiful real wood veneer, which cleaned up really nicely after some mineral oil was applied.

9. They are KEEPERS.

Thank you Roy Cizek.

Cheers

I just got back my Model Ones after a refoam, using them in place of my Polk Monitor 7's with Peerless tweeters with my 1960's vintage Fisher 400 Tubed Receiver.

Initial Impressions:

1. Voices are no longer veiled, they sound much clearer.

2. Bass is astounding, yet clean. No boomy sounding bass here.

3. Soundstage is very wide, imaging is superb.

4. I'm hearing sounds in the music that I did not hear before, every detail is present.

5. Highs are crisp and clean, with no distortion.

6. The transition from low notes to mids to high notes is seamless and so smooth that you don't hear the crossover point.

7. The last time I heard speakers that sounded this good, they cost close to $3,000.00 (new, of course).

8. The cabinets are of a beautiful real wood veneer, which cleaned up really nicely after some mineral oil was applied.

9. They are KEEPERS.

Thank you Roy Cizek.

Cheers

Welcome to Club Cizek.I share all of your impressions and can tell you that your initial impressions will become final ones.How many watts is your tube amp.that you are driving them with?Enjoy,

Dave

Welcome to Club Cizek.I share all of your impressions and can tell you that your initial impressions will become final ones.How many watts is your tube amp.that you are driving them with?Enjoy,

Dave

I use my Fisher 400 Receiver, which is rated at 28 watts per channel.

However, I run it at 110 volts on my rheostat, so the true wpc would be even less.

I do not see any shortage of power, and have concluded that the Cizeks are not as difficult to push as they may be reputed to.

Cheers

I use my Fisher 400 Receiver, which is rated at 28 watts per channel.

However, I run it at 110 volts on my rheostat, so the true wpc would be even less.

I do not see any shortage of power, and have concluded that the Cizeks are not as difficult to push as they may be reputed to.

Cheers

It's nice to know that it doesn't take a lot of power to drive the Cizeks.I have a vintage MC250,SS amp.now,but have thought of going with a tube amp.I am using a tube Clarinet preamp.that I built last winter and am very pleased with.How are your Cizek rheostats?Enjoy your music thanks to Roy.

Dave

• 2 months later...

Archived