Future of The Classic Speaker Pages

administrator

First off, a big thank you to Gene for helping me deal with new user registrations. I have tried enabling "normal" user registrations a couple times now and the spammers are relentless... sometimes the same day they start answering the challenge/response and blasting away at our forums again. Gene has been reviewing emails from new users asking for forum access for months now, so you have Gene to thank for the lack of spam here.

I'm sure everyone has noticed the Library hasn't been updated in quite a while. I really don't have time to do much other than keep the website up and running these days. I've been tossing around the ideas of either getting The Classic Speaker Pages into someone else's hands who has more time than I do, or providing administrative access to someone to help me make updates. So, on that note...

Is there anyone out there comfortable with HTML (and ideally the OS X Sandvox web development tool) willing to take on Library updates?

Mark

• 1 month later...
First off, a big thank you to Gene for helping me deal with new user registrations. I have tried enabling "normal" user registrations a couple times now and the spammers are relentless... sometimes the same day they start answering the challenge/response and blasting away at our forums again. Gene has been reviewing emails from new users asking for forum access for months now, so you have Gene to thank for the lack of spam here.

I'm sure everyone has noticed the Library hasn't been updated in quite a while. I really don't have time to do much other than keep the website up and running these days. I've been tossing around the ideas of either getting The Classic Speaker Pages into someone else's hands who has more time than I do, or providing administrative access to someone to help me make updates. So, on that note...

Is there anyone out there comfortable with HTML (and ideally the OS X Sandvox web development tool) willing to take on Library updates?

Mark

I was trying to get the forum software updated last week (major version upgrade from IP.Board 2 to 3) but found that I need to upgrade the server's operating system... and the latest version of OS X Server doesn't run on PowerPC computers, which means in order to upgrade the forum software I need to buy both a new server and a new OS. I plan on eventually getting this done, but it's on hold for the moment because of the cost involved.

• 1 month later...
I was trying to get the forum software updated last week (major version upgrade from IP.Board 2 to 3) but found that I need to upgrade the server's operating system... and the latest version of OS X Server doesn't run on PowerPC computers, which means in order to upgrade the forum software I need to buy both a new server and a new OS. I plan on eventually getting this done, but it's on hold for the moment because of the cost involved.

:blink: That is a real pain in the butt. Too many things don't work with MAC. My secondary system is a MAC and it's not very "versatile". At this point, it sounds like it's time to move over to a Windows PC system. I'm hearing from many "fronts" that Windows 7 is quite safe to use unlike Vista. My personal home experience with 7 is that many things are easier to use than XP ever was.

Archived