AR AV1 Bookshelf speakers

Guest blobby

I have come across four AR AV1 Active bookshelf speakers. Circa 1990 or thereabouts

However I cannot find any information anywhere on these. It is as though they never existed. The model designation is generic which doesn't help.

I attach a picture to prove I am not making it up

Does anyone know anything about them, costs, spec, etc

Thanks

post-103747-1227728387.jpg

• 10 years later...

I’m trying to find out more myself. Many years ago my late father ran Sound Systems, a HiFi shop in Bromley. We have a pair playing music right now and they sound fantastic! Rather than put them on eBay I want to give my mother what they’re worth, and show her why I’m giving her that much. (The more the better!)

Welcome Markse

I believe there were a couple of different Powered Partners versions. I had a pair a few years ago. Sold them here in the "For Sale" section for $99.00. If you do a google search for "AR Powered Partners" you'll find a lot of information. Virtually the same speakers were also sold as the Advent Powered Partners. There were also the AR Rock Partners (those may have been passive--not powered IIRC).

You should check the woofer surrounds. They have most certainly deteriorated by now and playing them can cause damage. Should be re-foamed.

-Kent

AR PP_KLH.jpg

Straight from the AR product info lit: 

Power Partner 570

Acoustic Suspension, Impedance 20k ohm, Amplifier Output 35 watts, Output is 109 dB at 1 meter, Drivers: 5" long excursion polypropylene woofer and 1" fluid cooled poly dome tweeter.

Frequency response: 40 Hz to 25 kHz +/-  3dB

Dimension: 6-1/2" x 10-1/2" x 7-1/2"

I used the powered Partner as computers speakers.

They do have some power...………..

Archived