Model CB-8

Guest fgt

Hi All,

A friend give me a couple of KLH, CB-8, Research Ten series. As you can see from the pictures the woofers need a reconing service.

One tweeter is out of use too ...

I'm now using these speaker and the sound is not bad but I'm not sure if the best choose is the reconing

or the replacement of speakers.

In this second situation there is someone that knows which are the parameters of these speakers (tweeter and woofer)?

.. or any useful information ...

Thank you very much,

Franco

2786652436_a5aa41813a.jpg

2786652656_f408f16a6d.jpg

2785796921_2ab4e40ea2.jpg

2786652778_5201a10273.jpg

2786652868_93137dd1f2.jpg

Hi and Welcome!

I'm not familiar with these speakers so I don't know if the goop around the dustcover is original or some sort of "fix" but... what you need is refoaming--fairly easy and inexpensive--not reconing.

But first: DO NOT play these speakers! You could damage the woofers.

Next: Look through some of the posts here on refoaming. There are a number of outfits selling kits for roughly $25. My personal favorite is MSound but there are others. You can look at the (incomplete) MSound website for step-by-step instructions:

http://www.citlink.net/~msound/

If you decide this is not for you, there are a number of services that will do the job for you. Millersound in PA has a first-rate rep. Carl, a member of this forum, also does that service and has been praised by some forum members.

Ask questions. That's what we're here for. And we're all still learning so don't be shy :)

Good luck

Kent

Hi and Welcome!

I'm not familiar with these speakers so I don't know if the goop around the dustcover is original or some sort of "fix" but... what you need is refoaming--fairly easy and inexpensive--not reconing.

But first: DO NOT play these speakers! You could damage the woofers.

Next: Look through some of the posts here on refoaming. There are a number of outfits selling kits for roughly $25. My personal favorite is MSound but there are others. You can look at the (incomplete) MSound website for step-by-step instructions:

http://www.citlink.net/~msound/

If you decide this is not for you, there are a number of services that will do the job for you. Millersound in PA has a first-rate rep. Carl, a member of this forum, also does that service and has been praised by some forum members.

Ask questions. That's what we're here for. And we're all still learning so don't be shy ;)

Good luck

Kent

Hi Kent,

thank you very much ... I was visiting the site you suggested and now need to think what do do :-)

What you suggest to do with the broken tweeter? In which way I can find a good (or better) substitute for it?

I haven't any practice in this kind of things ...

Thanks again,

Franco

What you suggest to do with the broken tweeter? In which way I can find a good (or better) substitute for it?

Maybe PeteB will chime in. He's been dissecting and studying tweeters. Is that 4 tweets per cabinet? Suggest you take some physical measurements, maybe post photos of front & back, note any numbers stamped on the back.

Kent

Maybe PeteB will chime in. He's been dissecting and studying tweeters. Is that 4 tweets per cabinet? Suggest you take some physical measurements, maybe post photos of front & back, note any numbers stamped on the back.

Kent

I know virtually nothing about these speakers, that tweeter looks a bit

like a Panasonic or perhaps Peerless. Here are some at PE, try to match

impedance, physical and magnet size, and hole pattern, or try to find a

replacement on ebay:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=270-034

Pictures, measurements, etc. would help as Kent has already mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks again for your answers and support ...

I tried to look for some information about the speakers

but I found nothing ...

The speakers have no information about the model or any else.

Looking better one of the woofer is damaged ... so I decided to buy

new woofers and tweeters.

I bought as woofer the Ciare HW-210

and as tweeter the monacor spp-90

may be they aren't the best choice but this seemed to me a good way

to resolve the situation ....

I'll send some picture of the speakers with new components ...

franco

Archived