2ax badge placement help please

JKent

My latest pair of 2ax's are just about finished. Used an original grille frame covered with new Irish Linen. Ordered shiney new logo plates from Vintage AR.

Here's the question: These are earlier models with the "a" badge and square logo. "Before" photo is attached. When I got them, they were upside down (woofer on top). Is this the correct badge placement (in other words, just rotate them in place to invert the speaker)? Thanks

Kent

post-101828-1209327354.jpg

Guest John Gisslen

A very helpful source for acoustic research info AND parts is vintage_ar he has an ebay store. Email address is: LJLAGACE@aol.com (lower case letters, but the L's look like 1's)

A very helpful source for acoustic research info AND parts is vintage_ar he has an ebay store. Email address is: LJLAGACE@aol.com (lower case letters, but the L's look like 1's)

Yes--as I mentioned I ordered new logo plates from him. Guess I could ask about the "a"

Kent

These are earlier models with the "a" badge and square logo. "Before" photo is attached. When I got them, they were upside down (woofer on top). Is this the correct badge placement (in other words, just rotate them in place to invert the speaker)? Thanks

Your badges appear to be in the right places on the grill for a speaker sitting with its woofer up.

The speakers should be oriented to put the tweeter as close to ear height as possible. This is most commonly achieved with the woofer down for vetical placement, but if you have the speakers on a high enough shelf it's conceivable that the reverse might be called for. The logos are attached with screws and pins so that they can be reoriented as needed.

Archived