CSP Member Afflicted With Rare Disease- Cause Unkown

frankmarsi

Admitted AR Woofer Freak Confesses:

Please, let me start out by saying that I’m going a little too ‘over-the-top’

with my insane concern about vintage ‘raw’ AR 12 inch woofers going extinct.

Please, I beg all of you avid AR CSP site members;, and don’t hate me because I’m

an obsessive buying fool of these components.

As some may recall, not that I think you may even have the capacity to do so,

but I’m a ‘freak-a zoid’ when it comes to the excellent reproduction of the bass component as typically reproduced by the famous AR twelve inch woofer.

My problem is this: I fell into an auction this week on the bay and fool-heartedly

purchased four more woofers for a grand total of $139.00, includes shipping.

A year ago I bought seven woofers and I have been under great personal conflict

with my extreme affliction in this area. Please have a heart and feel some sympathy for me, I may be of some help to you when you blow your …..woofer!

First off; where the hell am I gonna store all these things, although I have already

allotted 2 as direct replacements for my original AR-3a’s, that will leave me with

nine spares. Now I know you must be thinking; “is this guy for real” and is he reaching out for some kind of sick, long over due attention he is in need of, or is he bragging about his neurotic habits and love for ‘The Woofer’ itself. Well get a load of this lucid and deeply moving out pouring.

Does anyone have a good strong idea on how to preserve and store these babies?

With-out replacing foam surrounds until I actually use them, I feel it best to some-how

install some rubber or another suitable device to support the paper cone from sagging downward into the magnetic voice-coil area, killing the spyder, and then placing the magnet down and the cone facing upward, all covered with plastic. I feel if stored in their ‘working-position’ this would eventually cause a sagging of the cone in one direction or another with-out a doubt, so I won’t do that, but my idea is all I come up with.

Any input or suggestion is greatly appreciated.

AR’ twelve incher’s friend and yours Frank Marsi

7-26-07

> twelve incher’s friend and yours Frank Marsi

>

>

>Now you are bragging

>God will get you for this story

Yeah, you....., Lov'ing you!

I actually made a mistake in my "glory" of the four 12" woofers. I paid $180.00 for four surround-less 12" woofers, I am happy to say! I still got them in my pay=pal account until I recieve them, then I will talk more about them.

So there I am.... AR woofer rich, and dollar poor!

My pal, maybe yours, Frank Marsi

>> twelve incher’s friend and yours Frank Marsi

>>

>>

>>Now you are bragging

>>God will get you for this story

>

>

>Yeah, you....., Lov'ing you!

>I actually made a mistake in my "glory" of the four

>12" woofers. I paid $180.00 for four surround-less

>12" woofers, I am happy to say! I still got them in my

>pay=pal account until I recieve them, then I will talk more

>about them.

>So there I am.... AR woofer rich, and dollar poor!

>My pal, maybe yours, Frank Marsi

Hey, hey, look at me:

eBay sent this message to frank marsi (frankmarsi).

Your registered name is included to show this message originated from e_ay. Learn more.

Congratulations, the item is yours. Please pay now!

Hi frankmarsi,

Congratulations! You committed to buy the following item:

Acoustic Research (COLLECTABLE) Mens Watch Wristwatch

Sale price: $1.99

Quantity: 1

Subtotal: US $1.99

Shipping & Handling:

Standard Flat Rate Shipping Service

There, are you AR freaks happy for me??

FM

P.S. Not many laugh more than I.

>>My pal, maybe yours, Frank Marsi

>

>

>Hey, hey, look at me:

>eBay sent this message to frank marsi (frankmarsi).

>Your registered name is included to show this message

>originated from e_ay. Learn more.

>Congratulations, the item is yours. Please pay now!

>Hi frankmarsi,

>Congratulations! You committed to buy the following item:

>

>Acoustic Research (COLLECTABLE) Mens Watch Wristwatch

>Sale price: $1.99

>Quantity: 1

>Subtotal: US $1.99

>Shipping & Handling:

>Standard Flat Rate Shipping Service

>

>

>There, are you AR freaks happy for me??

>FM

I bought one of these quite a few years ago off of Ebay. It was a decent looking watch with a decent band, but there was one MAJOR problem. The damn thing was WAY too small to fit my wrist. I can't imagine how small the woman's version is!!! The watch is still sitting in the box, as i never got around to having a new band put on it. Sean

>

>Turn the woofers every once in a while to prevent sagging or

>rotate a pair into your speakers every so often to exercise

>them. Or buy 8 more pairs of speakers!

Hi Dave S., a excellent suggestion! Lets see, to buy eight more AR-3a's would be nice, but what-da heck am I going to do with that many? I have four AR-3a's already, darn!

I presently have a case of that Italian disease called- 'LowFundso', so I don't feel any time soon I'll be buying anything other than a turntable accessory or more music, or something lower priced to quell my capitalistic buying habits. I'll slowly sink into turning the woofers over every 2 months or so and hope that'll equal out the downward gravity and not sag my spiders, all the while hoping all of that adhesive holding them together doesn't fail, but wait there's more!

Does anyone have a concept of sorts on how to make a four or six twelve inch AR woofer,sub-woofer? What, too extravagant for the conservative and realistic thinking mind? The box wouldn't have to be bigger than a 4 woofer interior volume as prescribed by AR's specs.What was that, 1.7 cubic feet- look how small the AR3a box is. So 3 ft. by 3 ft., maybe 1&1/2 inch 'MDF' and strongly braced throughout, etc.

Imagine the sound of four AR-LST's and a sub-woofer driving four more AR woofers.I believe "Bret" and I talked about this once before. It'll call for a massive amp, or two.

But at this point I have too many home-projects looming and tearing me apart from enjoying that kind of AR time, but I'll strongly consider it for sure! Besides, how crazy do you think I am? Don't answer that just yet.

FM

7-27-07

Archived