save some 3A's

roundhome

there are a pair of 3A's on ebay that the present bidder is going to have the parts sent to him instead of the compleat speakers. its a shame to part out good speakers I have saved many cabinets and put them back together but my present project has me tied up so i can't get these.

good luck

I agre--it would be a shame. I made a similar comment about "parting" perfectly good speakers on the Allison pages, but some members disagree. Anyway, I have no room for these but I hope a real enthusiast buys them and restores them! These are the REAL classics!

I know i'm restoring 6 LST's starting with just cabinets I have 3 done and another loaded with mids and woffer but need two more crosovers and 9 tweeters and four front wired mids to finish them up. my goal is to have 8 stacked in a quad system. i buy parts from guys parting them but to see a compleat set get parted when the cabinets are good .

Jim

Guest hilltroll67

>I agre--it would be a shame. I made a similar comment about

>"parting" perfectly good speakers on the Allison

>pages, but some members disagree. Anyway, I have no room for

>these but I hope a real enthusiast buys them and restores

>them! These are the REAL classics!

Well, I suppose I have room, if I throw a bunch of stuff into a yard sale this spring. And these are AR3a, after all. I put in a bid that's holding so far. If I get them they'll be restored, but probably not in walnut. I have this sheet of rosewood veneer just setting there...

Bob

Guest hilltroll67

Well, they're gone - I think to the guy who wants the drivers parted out. I bid considerably more than the speakers were worth to me.

Bob

Archived