AR3 Speaker Stands

Guest orionkc

To my way of thinking it most certainly is ridiculous. But, hey.......if that's how people want to spend their money, who am I to criticize? For that kind of change, I'm sure a woodworker could craft an exact duplicate.......or two, or three. :D

Collectors will pay rediculous amounts of money for collectibles. In this case, if I read the write up correctly, this item falls loosely in the realm of 'antique' - if it is indeed authentic.

Aaah, to each his own!

It's all about the music

Carl

Carl's Custom Loudspeakers

Hi Bob;

I chuckle when I see some of the outrageous prices some classic items are going for.

AR turntable plastic tops $42.00, cartridge shells $60.00 and original logos $20.00+.

I guess it is time we all start to clean out our closets.

I know I will in the next few months.

>

>

I have at least 7 - 3/4" 4 ohm AR tweeters, look in really original looking condition.

The domes are as pristine as the day they were made, great specs, sweet highs, very clean looking.

Slight problem though, they are all blown, if that bothers anyone. lol

I agree it's ridiculous, but have you priced solid walnut lately? I doubt you could find a woodworker who would make these for that price. OTOH, I'm sure poplar with a walnut stain would look just fine for most applications. Just my $.02 ;-)

>>OTOH, I'm sure poplar with a walnut stain would look just fine for most applications. Just my $.02<<

Here's someone doing just that--looks like poplar with walnut stain.nice. let's see what the final price is.

Archived