HELP! Phoenix speaker plug/jack?

A friend gave me what seems to be a very beefy little amp to try out: An AudioControl Architect 110.   https://www.audiocontrol.com/home-audio/multi-zone-amplifiers/architect-series/architect-model-110/      Very solid, weighs almost 16 pounds. High current. Good for 2 Ohm loads. The thing is, it's meant for home installations--the kind a pro does. So the speaker jacks are unfamiliar to me. I've attached a photo. So it looks like the left and right speakers are wired to one plug but I don't know what that plug is or where to buy it.

I see some that "look" right and most sellers call them a "Phoenix"

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Phoenix-Type-Connector-4-Pole-5mm-Pitch-4-Pack/362750086?selectedSellerId=101025561&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=42423897272&wl4=aud-393207457166:pla-51320962143&wl5=9003579&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=251641453&wl11=online&wl12=362750086_101025561&irgwc=1&sourceid=imp_UyNynFUKXxyNTdX1o92qJUHWUkAzLuw1z1Qrw00&veh=aff&wmlspartner=imp_10579&clickid=UyNynFUKXxyNTdX1o92qJUHWUkAzLuw1z1Qrw00&sharedid=&affiliates_ad_id=565706&campaign_id=9383.  

I also see similar looking ones on DigiKey, PartsExpress, ebay, etc.

Are these the right connectors?

The amp was available with 5-way binding posts as an option but this one doesn't have them. I "may" just add binding posts but would like to try the 4-pin plugs before breaking out the soldering iron.

Thanks for any help.

Kent

Archtect 110 spkr socket.jpg

Edited by JKent

• JKent changed the title to HELP! Phoenix speaker plug/jack?

Kent,

Yes, those are Phoenix connectors. I didn't know that those were used for audio applications, not a bad idea. I use them with 4 conductor, 16 gauge wire on industrial battery cycling equipment. The item you show has an electrical rating of 320V, 12A, more than adequate for home audio. I don't know who makes the 'Phoenix type' supplied to Walmart / Parts Express, so I can't speak to their build quality. You can buy the Phoenix brand from Allied Electronics, though they cost more than twice as much.

Thanks Jeff! Went to my favorite electronics store (Wayne Electronics) and he had them!

Edited by JKent