Parameters T&S woofer Ar 3700

giovanni56

Interesting, do you know how the measurement was taken?

The Mmd looks high, since this is supposed to be similar to the later ceramic version where 

we've seen the AR design drawings that spec Mmd at roughly 70g.  I've actually removed

the cone and voice coil and weighed it on a scale with a reading close to that.

I got a very high Mmd when using the delta mass method that I always use.

When I finally tried the delta volume method I got reasonable numbers.

Here's the old thread:

https://community.classicspeakerpages.net/topic/1408-ar-11-woofer-200003-measurement-refoam-repair/

8 hours ago, Pete B said:

Interessante, sai come è stata presa la misurazione?

Il Mmd sembra alto, dal momento che dovrebbe essere simile alla successiva versione in ceramica dove 

abbiamo visto i disegni di progettazione AR che specificano Mmd a circa 70 g. In realtà ho rimosso

il cono e la bobina mobile e lo pesai su una bilancia con una lettura vicina a quella.

Ho ottenuto un Mmd molto alto quando utilizzo il metodo della massa delta che uso sempre.

Quando finalmente ho provato il metodo del volume delta ho ottenuto numeri ragionevoli.

Ecco il vecchio thread:

https://community.classicspeakerpages.net/topic/1408-ar-11-woofer-200003-measurement-refoam-repair/

Mms was detected by the added mass method. The weight of the moving crew I detected in an Ar 200003 woofer averaged about 68 gr ( cone, spider, coil and stand but without the suspension foam ring. As soon as I can I weigh everything together

IMG_20220616_180144.jpg

IMG_20220616_165224.jpg