This forum and the new year...

administrator

I wasn't aware how popular AR speakers were, all over the world, until opening up this forum. Keep in mind that for every user that creates an account and posts, there are many more that simply browse and search through the messages. I keep tabs occasionally on the new accounts, and a fairly high percentage are from outside the US.

I hope this forum, and the rest of the website, continue to be a great resource for many years to come. Every few weeks I check in on the website (yes, I know I'm often an absent landlord) and things seem to be ok for the most part. I have however received some emails regarding some of the threads in this forum evolving into personal attacks. I know many people feel very strongly about all things audio, but please keep in mind moving into this next year that your posts have an international audience. My concern is that if threads get personal, we may lose some of our most knowledgable contributors.

Enough of that - let's get back to audio!

Mark

This site is so much a part of our daily lives that I'm sure I speak for all of us "regulars" when I say that I check it everyday, as regularly as I check my personal e-mail.

We've all felt a bit of a loss and a disconnect from friends we've come to know well on those few occasions when the site has been down.

Happy New Year everyone, and a safe, healthy 2006.

Steve F.

Mark,

You have done an excellent job of running this forum, and we all owe you a debt of gratitude. I agree with others that this is the premium venue for discussion of Acoustic Research loudspeakers -- nothing else on the internet comes close, but we *all* need to work together to preserve it. We are lucky to have a great place and great people to share our knowledge and ideas about AR, and we must all strive to be patient and fair and take the high road during all the discussions regarding this very emotional subject. There are many different levels of knowledge and experience on the forum, and this versatility makes the forum all the more important.

Congratulations, Mark!

--Tom Tyson

Mark,

I second what Tom said. This is the best AR forum and we all need to work to keep it that way. Whenever I run into someone in person or via another forum, I always direct them over here for info on AR's.

I am in a number of forum/discussion groups for audio, and autos which is my other hobby, and this is my favorite due to the quality of people here. This is the one where I spend the most time because of the people.

James

This site has renewed my appreciation for the AR-9's I've owned since 1978. As a single person on an engineer's salary I was able to purchase these, upgrading from AR11's. Now my youngest is graduating college and these speakers remain special to me (although my wife has constantly reminded me that speakers don't qualify as furniture).

I am impressed with the contribution on this site and I thank you all for this.

Have your wife listen to some of the so called high end new speakers on the market today and she may appreciate those 9's a bit more.

Granted, there are better sounding speakers out there, but not many and generally not at an affordable price.

Archived