Jump to content

Ebay ITEM # 5810259841


Guest dogmeninreno

Recommended Posts

>Yo Dale! The seller is a poster on this forum.

Hi there

It would really be nice to be able to see the inside of that enclosure.

To see the crossover and everything else including the sealing of the drivers.

This is the real end product of "value added".

One might really question the value of these compared to the original AR-LST's, I am sure.

Being a Cello dealer must have assured them a certain markup for carrying their product line.

There isn't a lot of sales at these premium prices, but the engineering, marketing, etc. has to be borne by someone.

I was more turned on by how many LST's he's had.

Talk about not having food in his fridge, or having to sleep in the doghouse a lot.

We will learn more in the future I am sure.

Good luck with your auction, Minh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest dogmeninreno

>Yo Dale! The seller is a poster on this forum.

Yes I am aware of that. I have purchased some AR speakers from Minh before with no problems..I am just asking what supports the high price, no reflection on Minh..I wish him all the luck in his auction! Thanks, Dale

Link to comment
Share on other sites

>>Yo Dale! The seller is a poster on this forum.

>

>Yes I am aware of that. I have purchased some AR speakers from

>Minh before with no problems..I am just asking what supports

>the high price, no reflection on Minh..I wish him all the luck

>in his auction! Thanks, Dale

Hi there

I just went back to ebay again, to see them again, for the 5th tme, and I see, what appears to be numerous shiny round head screws in a vertical alignment, on the back panels.

Looks like maybe the internal wood braces were reinforced with external screws, as well as, glueing them in.

This does add value and cost of construction to this system.

Maybe, Minh has this information, and may share it with us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The twelve machine screws are use to fasten 6 metal bars which is bolted to the granite stand for holding the Cello Amati speaker securely. Each stand is designed to hold two speakers. I had posted the double Amati speakers with granite stand picture before and you should be able to see what they look like.

Minh Luong

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The main reason for the Cello Amati being so expensive was due to the extremely limited production and there was a demand for them back when the economy still good and the professionals like me still earn a decent living! The Cello Amati speakers as well as Cello electronics were sold mainly to recording studio and to the Rich and Famous. The total amount of AR-LST produced was about 1500 pairs and I believe the Cello Amati, Amati MkII and Amati Pro altogether was about 150 pairs. This is the reason why AR-1, AR-LST and Cello Amati can hold up to such a high price tag. You can always make more money tomorrow and save them day after day but you can only spot a pair of these collector speakers once in the blue moon and the mint condition pair normally double or triple the value compare to the average pair. Same story goes for Diamond...

Minh Luong

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest dogmeninreno

>The main reason for the Cello Amati being so expensive was

>due to the extremely limited production and there was a demand

>for them back when the economy still good and the

>professionals like me still earn a decent living! The Cello

>Amati speakers as well as Cello electronics were sold mainly

>to recording studio and to the Rich and Famous. The total

>amount of AR-LST produced was about 1500 pairs and I believe

>the Cello Amati, Amati MkII and Amati Pro altogether was about

>150 pairs. This is the reason why AR-1, AR-LST and Cello Amati

>can hold up to such a high price tag. You can always make more

>money tomorrow and save them day after day but you can only

>spot a pair of these collector speakers once in the blue moon

>and the mint condition pair normally double or triple the

>value compare to the average pair. Same story goes for

>Diamond...

>

>Minh Luong

Thank you Minh, That answers my ?...Dale

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have you taken a look at the crossover, is it the same as the standard AR but just with higher quality components? Or were changes made?

Pete B.

>The main reason for the Cello Amati being so expensive was

>due to the extremely limited production and there was a demand

>for them back when the economy still good and the

>professionals like me still earn a decent living! The Cello

>Amati speakers as well as Cello electronics were sold mainly

>to recording studio and to the Rich and Famous. The total

>amount of AR-LST produced was about 1500 pairs and I believe

>the Cello Amati, Amati MkII and Amati Pro altogether was about

>150 pairs. This is the reason why AR-1, AR-LST and Cello Amati

>can hold up to such a high price tag. You can always make more

>money tomorrow and save them day after day but you can only

>spot a pair of these collector speakers once in the blue moon

>and the mint condition pair normally double or triple the

>value compare to the average pair. Same story goes for

>Diamond...

>

>Minh Luong

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Amati crossover is completely different from the AR-LST speaker which is understandable since the 6 position switch, auto transformer, 2500uf cap and fuse assembly had been totally removed. It is not as easy as just buying expensive parts and swapped out to get the magical touch. Otherwise I would have been done to at least my 7th pair of AR-LST and tell the world of what I had done...!

Minh Luong

Link to comment
Share on other sites

>The Amati crossover is completely different from the AR-LST

>speaker which is understandable since the 6 position switch,

>auto transformer, 2500uf cap and fuse assembly had been

>totally removed. It is not as easy as just buying expensive

>parts and swapped out to get the magical touch. Otherwise I

>would have been done to at least my 7th pair of AR-LST and

>tell the world of what I had done...!

>

>Minh Luong

Hi there

Another 2 1/2 cents worth from me again.

Now that we have had our whistles wetted by the Amati think about this.

What if a pair of LST's was electronically tri-amped after disconnecting it's internal crossover.

I know Crown made a dual channel electronic crossover, I don't remember if they made a tri-channel model.

Tweeters driven by a Crown D-60A or a Citation Twelve, the mids by a Crown D-150A, and the woofers by a Crown DC-300a or Phase Linear 700B. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Minh?

Have a great night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No commend, the AR-LST is a unique and great speakers as is. They sound very good with any 200w/ch amps made by Acurus, NAD, Adcom etc. It is too much risk and too expensive to mess around with these rare breeds whether they are AR-LST or Cello Amati speakers. I didn’t modified all 7 pairs of my AR-LST at all for a good reason. Just buy the Cello Amati if you can afford them or move on to Allison One or Allison IC-20 speakers for a different kind of sound improvement which were designed by Mr. Roy Allision who had started with the legendary AR-3a and later AR-LST speakers.

Minh Luong

Link to comment
Share on other sites

>No commend, the AR-LST is a unique and great speakers as is.

>They sound very good with any 200w/ch amps made by Acurus,

>NAD, Adcom etc. It is too much risk and too expensive to mess

>around with these rare breeds whether they are AR-LST or Cello

>Amati speakers. I didn’t modified all 7 pairs of my

>AR-LST at all for a good reason. Just buy the Cello Amati if

>you can afford them or move on to Allison One or Allison IC-20

>speakers for a different kind of sound improvement which were

>designed by Mr. Roy Allision who had started with the

>legendary AR-3a and later AR-LST speakers.

>

>Minh Luong

>

Thanks for your feedback, Minh.

I hope you are successful with your present Amati auction.

There were two different enclosures several week ago on ebay.

They were virgin cabinets, less all drivers and crossovers.

TomT identified them as Amati's.

If, there was a pair of each, there is an opportunity to create the tri-amp electronic crossover setup.

All one would need is 8 tweeters, 8 mids, and 2 woofers.

I believe this system could be made to sound mighty fine.

Dale?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Or one could restore them if they had a crossover schematic. That would be an interesting project.

I understand that Singer Sound had stacked pairs of LSTs powered by 2 Phase Linear 700s on display back in the day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You mean Sound by Singer in NYC? I thought Cello products were sold in their showrooms only?

My Ebay account under the mluong303 user name had been hacked in the past few days so please be careful with what you buy and pay through mluong303@aol.com address. I always present my Items in details and explicitly with sharp photos and response to all emails in long reply. Never few words answer and ask for Payment quick. The stolen full description and photo to sell a pair of Cello Amati speakers for $1000 Buy It Now was certainly not mine and had been cancelled by Ebay right after.

Minh Luong

Link to comment
Share on other sites

>You mean Sound by Singer in NYC? I thought Cello products

>were sold in their showrooms only?

>

>My Ebay account under the mluong303 user name had been hacked

>in the past few days so please be careful with what you buy

>and pay through mluong303@aol.com address. I always present my

>Items in details and explicitly with sharp photos and response

>to all emails in long reply. Never few words answer and ask

>for Payment quick. The stolen full description and photo to

>sell a pair of Cello Amati speakers for $1000 Buy It Now was

>certainly not mine and had been cancelled by Ebay right

>after.

>

>Minh Luong

>

Hi there

Thank you for mentioning this ebay false Buy-it-now scheme.

Hackers are everywhere today and you just opened up a lot of ebay buyers and sellers eyes by telling us, I'm sure.

Thank you, Minh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, Everyone

Some bad spirit had stole my mluong303 Ebay account to sell everything that is expensive and rather than try to identify the bad guy to protect me and other buyers. Ebay just kick me out of the scene! Can you believe this Shit! Well, I am suspecting the Thief had hacked into my AOL account as well so I will cancel the mluong303@aol.com shortly as well.

Anyway, I still have the Cello Amati and AR Limited 3 speakers for sell should anyone is interested, just get back to me ASAP.

Minh Luong

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, Everyone

eBay had realized I am the real Seller who doesn't mess around with other's account. I just regain my eBay user status and the auction Item number: 5814931529 is a real deal.

It is Sad to me that not a single concern email or reply emails from the people I thought were friends. Now I know when I am in trouble, I am all alone. The Truth Hurt but I never realized it is this Cold!

Well, Take Care and So Long

Minh Luong

Link to comment
Share on other sites

>Hi, Everyone

>

>eBay had realized I am the real Seller who doesn't mess around

>with other's account. I just regain my eBay user status and

>the auction Item number: 5814931529 is a real deal.

>

>It is Sad to me that not a single concern email or reply

>emails from the people I thought were friends. Now I know when

>I am in trouble, I am all alone. The Truth Hurt but I never

>realized it is this Cold!

>

>Well, Take Care and So Long

>

>Minh Luong

Hi Minh;

Sorry you feel abandoned by us all.

You should not feel that way.

I, myself was stunned by your news about ebay and that someone else was accessing your identity.

I was waiting to see what you were going to do next.

I, myself, didn't feel you wanted me or anyone else to comment on the situation.

I guess we are so tuned in to answering someones call for assistance or support with speakers, etc that no one read that in yours.

Sorry from those of us that do really care about you and your situation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hang on Minh...I second Vern's comments.

Your experience confirms the fact that Ebay and the internet in general has become a mine field. Along with concern for your misfortune, I appreciated your post as a heads up.

Stay with us bro!

Roy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, Vern

You are a good man. I had answer to the questions regarding the Allison One speakers. Check them out.

I am just so fustrating with the problems and had to deal with Tech Supports in East India. No wonder there is No Job available to the US Citizens and more and more Professionals end up driving yellow cabs or cleaning the floor!

God Helps America, We really need it!

Take Care,

Minh Luong

Link to comment
Share on other sites

>Thanks, Vern

>

>You are a good man. I had answer to the questions regarding

>the Allison One speakers. Check them out.

>

>I am just so fustrating with the problems and had to deal with

>Tech Supports in East India. No wonder there is No Job

>available to the US Citizens and more and more Professionals

>end up driving yellow cabs or cleaning the floor!

>

>God Helps America, We really need it!

>

>Take Care,

>Minh Luong

Hi Minh;

What was your comment about Tech Support in East India?

Tech support for what?

Glad you still are here Minh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear about your ebay problems. Those are real nice looking speakers, they look perfect from what I can see, hope your sale goes well. By the way, do you plan to trace out the crossover before you let them go?

Pete B.

>Thanks, Vern

>

>You are a good man. I had answer to the questions regarding

>the Allison One speakers. Check them out.

>

>I am just so fustrating with the problems and had to deal with

>Tech Supports in East India. No wonder there is No Job

>available to the US Citizens and more and more Professionals

>end up driving yellow cabs or cleaning the floor!

>

>God Helps America, We really need it!

>

>Take Care,

>Minh Luong

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...