Allison:sevens for sale

Ddjr

On 4/1/2021 at 11:30 AM, Ddjr said:

I have an old pair of allison sevens(not cd7) that I'm looking to sell. They could stand to be refinished. Sound great. These are the top firing speakers. Any interest, please respond here. I'm in western ma.

Attach6028_20210331_114600.jpg

Attach6032_20210331_114650.jpg

20210331_115044_copy_1209x1612.jpg

Attach6030_20210331_114608.jpg

Please post clear pictures of the woofers with the grills removed....Have they been refoamed?

The other tweeter... is the dome damaged like the one pictured?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2021 at 7:53 AM, Ddjr said:

Right then! Since there is no interest in these, ill just put them back in the bedroom.

With those woofers restored, those speakers probably sound nearly good as new, so if you still have a room to enjoy them in, that’s a VERY good thing. 
Esthetically, they look pretty rough and the damaged tweeter domes are a big negative to the serious buyer. So, the resale value is going to very low. 
No activity for selling successfully here. If you want a real chance at unloading them, do a nice listing on Ebay or your local Craig’s list.

For what you’ll get you would be better off holding on to them while the drivers still work.

Bill

Those pushed-in domes are unfortunately pretty common with Allison tweeters. I've had some success wetting them with water and using a tube to suck them out. You have to be very careful of the delicate leads but it can sometimes work.

32 minutes ago, JKent said:

Those pushed-in domes are unfortunately pretty common with Allison tweeters. I've had some success wetting them with water and using a tube to suck them out. You have to be very careful of the delicate leads but it can sometimes work.

Yes indeed (one of many tricks used).

Pushed in, or otherwise damaged domes and dust caps of conventional drivers  has been a common problem to many loudspeakers (not exclusively Allison) over the decades.

Ironically, with the later introduction of the metal protective mid. And tweeter screens, the Allison drivers became some of the most “bulletproof” out there.

I recall kicking back with my latest Allison surround arrangement a few years back and being quite happy that finally I had rid myself of all the non protected drivers (except the woofers of course). You also get the bonus of protection for those woofers that are inverted by design.

Bill