Glueing speaker surrounds to basket

Popsicle AR2

I've followed some threads here around gluing speaker cones to their surrounds, but my surrounds have come loose in a couple of spots from the metal basket.  I've seen Aleene's glue mentioned in some of those posts but wonder if that type of glue will be sufficient to secure the surrounds to metal or if there are other suggestions???

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Popsicle AR2 said:

I've followed some threads here around gluing speaker cones to their surrounds, but my surrounds have come loose in a couple of spots from the metal basket.  I've seen Aleene's glue mentioned in some of those posts but wonder if that type of glue will be sufficient to secure the surrounds to metal or if there are other suggestions???

Thanks!

If you lift the edge of the foam, and you can help yourself with a spatula, screwdriver, card or other atraumatic objects (take advantage to also check the foam nearby, even here continue the gluing), clean the metal and the portion of the ring, also put the glue that was discussed above, wait for the time of gluing and pressing occasionally the gluing area with the fingers to ensure excellent adhesion.
The foam will return to adhere to the whole circumference as it was originally.
Also check the other woofer and do the same job if necessary as the first one.

Giorgio