broken wire ar3a midrange front wires

arken

I broke a wire on my AR3A midrange the other day. I remember reading on the AR3A restoration guide that you could use a "silver plated 24-26 guage crimp connector" but I am having no luck finding them? Anyone know where I can find one? Also what size is the wire the connects the midrange to the terminal board?  Thanks ARKEN

I have a pair of AR5 front wired midranges with one broken lead wire. It appears to have broken just below the screen. I am currently using rear wired versions, but I have two identical sets of AR5,s except for the rear wired midranges. Can somebody recommend where I can get the wire repaired. The leads are way too small for me to attempt. 

zBat9Iw.jpg  

2 hours ago, arken said:

You can send it to vintage AR .He pretty much does anything AR. Does good work . You can get ahold of him through Ebay.  Look up vintage-ar. Good luck!

I think its Roy C who actually does the work but I'm not positive about that.

18 hours ago, DavidR said:

I think its Roy C who actually does the work but I'm not positive about that.

I do most of his repairs. Forum members can contact me directly through the forum.

The 3a mid and tweeter have copper tinsel leads. When necessary, I usually extend them with 24ga or 26ga stranded, tinned wire, using ordinary electrical solder. AR-3 mids and tweeters have aluminum leads requiring special solder, and are more difficult to deal with.

Roy

Archived