Okay, these AR12 are awesome!

DavidDru

• 3 weeks later...

There's been mids needing new surrounds on fleabay. Several pair in fact.

When I replaced the surrounds on my mids, the ferro fluid seemed to be in good condition due to the fact the cones had plenty of easy movement. I left them as is, just replaced the surrounds, and face plate foam to look original.

Glenn

• 6 months later...

Hi. New to this forum and glad to have found it.

I have MANY pairs of vintage speakers. Among them are a pair of AR 12x speakers. There is practically nothing to be found on them except a comment that the AR 12 series was only manufactured for one year suggesting the 12x speakers were part of that. As this is a fairly old thread I will post this separately as well. Thanks.

Tony

• 5 months later...

It'd been a while since this thread but I thought I would post a youtube channel review of these AR12's for your enjoyment.

AR12 Revisited - 2Channel Audio

In addition, I am listening to them right now with a Rotel RC2000/RB2000 combo and it's a great match.  If you ever see this preamp/amp combo aailable, act quick.  Good stuff.

• 2 years later...

In a crazy moment ,I sold my AR 11 speakers here in NZ! Some time later ,I was offered a pair of AR 12 s minus the bass drivers.Always a fan of the bass performance of the 11s ,I was able to mod a pair of 12” bass units into the AR12 cabinets.

I have no way of measuring the bass performance ( except by ear !) but they sound great.

just sold my AR5s sadly as downsizing !