Was at Edgar Villchur's Estate Sale This Weekend

jayrosc

On 6/24/2018 at 7:47 PM, jayrosc said:

Okay. There was very little audio stuff available, but I did get Mr. Villchur's home stereo receiver. If there is any interest here I'll post some info and some pics.

At one time there was a very nice Marantz 10B FM tuner in EV's system, and the speakers were AR-3s upgraded by Roy Allison to replace aging original midrange and tweeter with the Allison: Three midrange and tweeter.  EV also had a beautiful rosewood harpsichord among other things.  It was a very nice home in a sleepy area of Woodstock, NY.  Did you get an pictures while there?

Thanks for your report.

2 hours ago, tysontom said:

At one time there was a very nice Marantz 10B FM tuner in EV's system, and the speakers were AR-3s upgraded by Roy Allison to replace aging original midrange and tweeter with the Allison: Three midrange and tweeter.  EV also had a beautiful rosewood harpsichord among other things.  It was a very nice home in a sleepy area of Woodstock, NY.  Did you get an pictures while there?

Thanks for your report.

I will post something here when I find the time. Things like that Harpsichord and the Marantz 10B where not even there. I was told that his family kept most of the jewels, which I understand.

Archived