AR3 Restoration

rjr513

Hello Guys,

I'm finnishing up on another pair of AR3's in which I've replaced the old capacitor block with Carli Mylar cap 6uf and ClarityCap PX 25uf.Getting ready to replace the old grilles with new masonite frames but wanted opinions on replacement fabric attached below is the old grill with the samples of the new fabric which I think is real close to the original I'm partial to the more white fabric which is the sample on the (left).

post-101032-0-50595500-1335836249_thumb.

post-101032-0-07234800-1335836263_thumb.

From Information I'm getting from a fabric company the original fabric was possible made from Saran,and also when is aged will turn a yellowish color,also this new fabric is made of polypropylene and would not turn colors overtime which is why I'm leaning more towards the sample to left which is more of a white.

Nice! How about sharing the source of the replacement grille material. I stained one of mine when re-gluing. Not bad, but new would be nice.

Kent

post-101828-0-45293100-1335841854_thumb.

Recieved reply back from fabric company, Minimum order is two full width yards (72 inches wide) @$20.70 per yard with

a handling fee of $10.00 for order less than 5 yards. Of course shipping is added onto this.I decided to go with the more offwhite color which is there stock numberDF7022.

Hey Ron

Tom Tyson just posted 2 photos of AR-1s in another thread. They used the same Saran (?) grille material and one of them is quite light in color. Hoping he will comment on the replacement.

Kent

Hi Kent

I noticed the same ty :)

Kent,the more I look @ Tom post http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/IP.Board/index.php?showtopic=7252 post #10 it's making me want to go back towards the DF7002 fabric which is on the left of my original post.#1

Archived